klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
great!!!

and now let's hear all the 'no 3ghz' whiners...

My guess is 3ghz will be announced at end of the summer, shipping in couple of months!

Comment

Soire

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2004
Garden State
Yee-haw.

Now the questions become, what's the specs, and what's processor, and when do they ship?

Greedy, whiny, I know... man what a day... :)

Comment

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
2.6 Ghz now, 3 Ghz by years end......

It makes more sense to have a "quiet" update now,
the Drama at WWDC will have a greater impact
with less confusion......

Comment

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
If all this is coming this week I don't think I bother to watch the Keynote at WWDC2004... or can SJ have something really amazing up his sleeve like a Cube-like iMac replacement for the living room (the PowerMac 8,1 from 10.3.4) - hopefully not called an xMac...

Comment

erik1975

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2002
Illinois
Didn't we have a week earlier this year where Apple released something new every day. (new as in new/enhanced products HW/SW)

Comment

xtbfx

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
I'm thinking they might release the new G5s before WWDC (possible announce the 3Ghz @ WWDC), just to pave the way for the iMac G5

Comment

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
There is no way that Steve will annouce 3gig G5's if they release new ones tomorrow, I mean, who will buy them if you could get a 3gig just months after. It would kill sales of the Powermac.

Comment

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
if this is true and there is no 3ghz announcment tomorrow or at wwdc, there will be many many pissed customers and stock holders who counted on steve's promise of 3ghz within a year. dont give me that "he has till sept 22" bs. he said 3 in a year and thats what i expect.

Comment

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
ThinkSecret = Dead lock for me.

I know some will point to a few mistakes of theirs in the past, but I can't remember the last time they were just flat out wrong with a number like this.

WHOA! Anyone see this at the end?

"The source also pointed to the possibility of quad G5 models, but stressed that the development was unconfirmed."

Comment

whenpaulsparks

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
i think they will reach 3 GHz by the end of summer. maybe up to 2.6 now, then by the end of summer have a 2.6, 2.8 and 3.0 maybe?

but they won't release 3.0 at WWDC if they don't tomorrow. that would be stupid. but, it would be steve keeping his word...

mark my words -- iMac G5 this summer.

Comment

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
If all this is coming this week I don't think I bother to watch the Keynote at WWDC2004... or can SJ have something really amazing up his sleeve like a Cube-like iMac replacement for the living room (the PowerMac 8,1 from 10.3.4) - hopefully not called an xMac...
I'd say a good portion of the Keynote will be about Tiger. It's a developers conference, they want to know about the OS they need to develope for as well as the hardware.

There probably will be some hardware announcements at WWDC, but nothing to consume that much time.

Comment

Abu Reno

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2004
WERE JUST GONNA HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. I HATE SOAP OPERA'S :mad:
THERE BETTER BE A 30 INCH LCD THIS MONTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

DGFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2003
triton said:
Hopefully we will see Dual 3GHZ by WWDC. I think we will. ;)

Won't happen - and they won't be announced there either. I think that September (isn't Paris Expo around then?) would be a likely time frame for the 3Ghz model - assuming Jobs wants to keep his 1 year prediction.

edit: After reading another handful of posts suggesting the same, I am amazed at the number of people posting who have no business sense whatsoever.
:rolleyes:

Comment

Soc7777777

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2004
everyone here is acting greedy... 2.0 to 2.6 is a 30 percent gain... now it has taken them a long time to do that... but you dont see the P4 go from 3.4 to 4.4 ghz because that is a 30 percent gain... but anyway... no one will every satisfy people when it comes to speed.. so lets just hope they keep trying....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.