2 Different iPhones, 1 apple ID Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neo179neo, Sep 1, 2012.

1. neo179neo macrumors regular

Question guys,

If i was to factory reset my iphone, and then back it back up from my girlfriends apple i.d, even though we have different numbers would i receieve her messages through imessage?

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

3. neo179neo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i set up her icloud for her, so it'd be same account and everything excpet id have my phone number instead?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

this. The backup is based on what icloud account you are synced with. If you share an icloud account, you are just asking for a disaster. I am pretty sure you would get her iMessages since it is tied to the appleid not a phone number.

5. DaQuickPG macrumors member

You can have different apple ids for app store, icloud and imessage. Just go to messages and you can see where your imessages are being sent. It will default to the phone number and the app store apple id but you can just change it there. I share apple id for the app store with the few members of my family and just created separate icloud accounts for each then i switchex their imessage to the same id as icloud id and that works fine.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why would you want to do that if it's your own phone? If you merely want to share apps then all you have to do is use her Apple ID in the App Store and nothing else.

7. neo179neo thread starter macrumors regular

Without sounding a stalker, i want to see who messages her, as shes been shady recently! So didnt know if i factory rest mine, backed up from hers would it have all the messages on it?

----------

And i was going to take my sim out aswell when i nosey so it'd just be like an ipod then right?

8. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Sorry. You sound like a stalker. I'd even question the legality of that behavior.

9. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Doing this will destroy all trust in your relationship. It'll be game over even if you guys try to work things out.

If you want to save it, talk to her directly instead of snooping through her stuff.

10. solidsnake32292 macrumors regular

I once thought like you... Do the whole restore from backup and look through her messages but dude honestly don't Do it... Idk how old your are or anything about you but i have been with my girlfriend for 4 long years now and the only way to go about things like this is to just bring it up and talk to her... Trust is the most important thing and if you can't trust her then you may want to re-think about being with her..

Trust me don't Do it... It's not worth it.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Oh, man, that's not the correct approach.

12. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

"she's been acting shady so I want to be more shady to fix the relationship" goodluck!

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nice!:D

I agree with others that have posted. Talk to her directly.