2 iPhone 5c's same problem within 15 Days... WTF!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tthomas612, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

So now I've had two iPhone 5c's and now I've had two with the same problem plus another one. They have sound that's cutting in and out and a charging port problem. Some days I wake up and my phone is at 75%. I like the 5c. I like the design of it as a change, but I went on launch day with intentions of a 5s and I decided on this. Now I'm upset and ready to just throw the towel in.

I went to Apple 10 days ago and got this replacement now I have an appointment set up for 6:50 today with the same problems. I know it's not there fault, but I'm going to speak my mind that's full of disappointment right now.

What options will they give me this time??

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Depending on where you bought it you have a certain time period to return the phone.

This is an honest statement: Is there something you're doing to cause these issues because they seem unusual. For example, are you charging with the included charger and cable? For the sound cutting out, is it in a particular app or everywhere? If everywhere does it do it if you restore as new (before you put any apps on the phone)?

3. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

If you bought it from Apple, you have 30 days to return the phone.

Personally, I would pay the extra $100, and upgrade to the 5s.

4. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I mean I use the charger that came with the phone so I don't know why it's doing it. The sound will cut out on the entire phone.

I had the same problem with my 4S. Honestly I think it's bad luck or Khama lol.

----------

If they give me the option tonight I'm gonna do it ...

5. sillywabbit, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

May be it is your electrical outlets. You live in an old building?

Do you plug your phone charger into a surge supresser?

It happened to your old phone, now new phone, and now replacement phone.

BTW: Dump that "C" and get the "S". The price is going to drop on those "C" as ton of places have a ton of inventory not only here in the US, but UK, China, Hong Kong, Australia, etc.

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

You probably just got very bad luck. I'd suggest to get another 5c and see how it goes. Although from your words, I got the sensation you'd love a 5s, so it's a no brainer, really.

7. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Bring the box/accessories, and ask to speak with the Store Manager.

8. Tthomas612 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Actually my building was built in 1985. My plan is to ask them about dumping the c and getting the 5S now ... I'm just fed up honestly