2 lines on a family account, can both pre-order at the exact same time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I was wondering, if I'm on a family account and the other person wants to order exactly at 12:01am pacific time (just like I do) do we have to make the transactions one at a time for each line or can we upgrade both of them with one single online transaction order?

I'd rather have just one single order to push through since I know the servers are gonna be slammed instead of multiple.

Has anyone dealt with this situation already?

2. phaggard macrumors regular

If they were purchased or last upgraded at the same time.

Each line on your family plan is treated separately for upgrades.

3. SnackyStacky macrumors newbie

From what I read on the official Apple forums, you'll only be able to order one per cell provider account. I don't know if that means one per account per order - or just one per account, but I would definitely plan on not being able to order them both at the same time.

If Apple won't let me do it for both phones right from the phone, I'll preorder one from Apple and try to preorder one from AT&T. Otherwise, I'll have to cross my fingers and hope we'll be able to get a second one after work either from the Apple Store or from the AT&T store on the 14th.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I asked apple this last night and the person told me I could order 2 phones for the 2 lines on my family account. I then asked her if I needed to make 2 seperate orders and she asked a supervisor then came back to me and said I could order both phones at the same time.

Take that for what it's worth. I will find out at midnight.

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I order two phones (two lines) from AT&T every year, it's easy.

I simply log into my account once they have opened it for iPhone orders. Place the first order, place the second order, and in less than 15 minutes I'm done.

Last year they both arrived early, the day before the official date.

I really like Apple, but make no mistake, when it comes to iPhones there's no rational reason to buy from Apple.

Conversely each year I buy many Apple computers and other products via Apple's online store.

They do a great job. Fast, efficient and right to my door before 10am. :)

6. SnackyStacky macrumors newbie

Crossing my fingers this is correct! Would save a ton of hassle!! :)

7. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Do you have to:

- log in, place one in your cart, pay for it, hope it goes through, then log in again, place another one in your cart, pay for it, and hope the 2nd order goes through as well?

- or is it that you log in, put both iphones in your cart at the same time, and then checkout with only one transaction/payment?