2 major things that made me go back to safari from chrome...maybe you can help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Jun 30, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

refresh can't be at the click of a button, same with bookmarks. and a big upset for me was you can't copy an image from the web, then paste it in a text message. looks like i have to save it, then select it in the messages app from my photos. i also didn't notice any speed increase as people claim

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

No one said it was faster than Safari, in fact it shouldn't be because Safari has the Javascript Nitro engine.

3. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Don't forget, it doesn't tie into iCloud.

4. HenryHealy macrumors member

Yeah, same with me. It was just a bit too slow for my liking. I think Safari for iOS is great. I don't personally like Chrome anyway.

5. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

The lack of a dedicated bookmarks icon is a total dealbreaker for me. Not that I'm looking to switch from Safari, but it's amazing that you have to go into the menu setting to pull up your bookmarks.

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

This is common with most browsers on Android. For the life of me, I can not figure out why.

If something like Atomic Web browser was available for Android, I doubt any other browser would get downloaded again in the Google Play store.

Besides this, I believe Chrome on iOS is just a coat of paint compared to the desktop version. If you peel a bit of it off to look underneath, it will probably fall apart. I tried it and hated it. I'm not a fan of Safari either, but it is 10x better on my iPad over Chrome.

7. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Some Android browsers have a dedicated bookmarks icon. I believe this rings true for the SIII stock browser, Dolphin HD, and ICS+. Also, LG's Android skin Optimus appears to also have this in their stock browser.

I'm constantly accessing my bookmarks in Safari (with ease thankfully). I would never use a mobile browser that forces me to go into settings/menu to open my bookmarks.

8. technob macrumors newbie

There are plenty of bad things about Safari and good things about Chrome. I particularly like Chrome’s tabs much better. But without addressing bookmark syncing, Chrome has no chance of being my default browser.