2 NYPD Cops Shot

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SoAnyway, Dec 20, 2014.

1. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

2 NYPD cops shot dead according to the news.

New York Post article

I'm not surprised that people are retaliating and a part of me actually cheered when I read the headline.

Justice.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Karma surely is a bitch sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for their families, especially a few days before Christmas. But when departments like the NYPD run around blatantly acting above the law, acting all high and mighty and completely disregarding the people they are paid to serve, some people will get fed up and this type of thing will happen.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Earlier today I said I read the most disgusting post ever on this forum. Congratulations on beating that by a long shot. cheers for a double murder, calling it justice for actions these cops did not do. Beyond disgusting.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I truly hope one day that you call 9-1-1 and they tell you they aren't coming.

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Big freakin' plus 1!

This is they type of post that should (IMO) get a poster banned. I mean, I'm all for the sharing of ideas, even unpopular ones. But expressing joy at someone's murder has to cross some sort of line into inhumanity...

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

7. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

This post disgusts me too. What type of depraved mind do you have to have to shrug something like this off as merely "karma".

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It's not unusual in this forum for users to cheer for the bad guys and celebrate the death of the good guys.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I second that emotion.

10. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I find myself agreeing with you on this one. <smh>

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Can't disagree, this is a tragedy. Not all cops are bad.

12. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I really have distaste for police but WOW thats pretty cold right there....

13. samiwas macrumors 65816

Agreed. Obviously, freedom of speech exists. But this post was well past any sort of decorum. I don't support anything the Westboro Baptist Church says, and wouldn't mind them getting a swift kick in the ass, but I don't wish harm upon every Christian because of a few bad ones.

Same goes for cops. There are a few bad/evil ones out there, as there are in every single profession every socioeconomic status under the sun. The people who happen to work/live alongside them do not deserve death because of the actions of a few.

14. dannyyankou, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I originally responded to the OP, but I don't want to bring any attention to him. Instead, let's express our sadness and gratitude towards the 2 NYPD officers who were senselessly assassinated.

Police lives matter.

15. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I don't follow your logic. Those cops haven't necessarily murdered anyone, and this is counter-productive if the goal is a reduction in violence.

16. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

This isn't justice.

This is despicable and tragic and it's a shame that the man who did this is dead. He deserved to rot alone in a cell for the rest of his miserable life.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Sadly this is only going to get worse on all sides. The cops are not trusted, who in return will fear for their lives. People on both sides will be murdered sensuously. Good cops don't deserve to be gunned down. But bad cops should not be on the force, those are the ones that make everyone in the force look bad and put their lives in greater danger. We have had this divide grow for so long that nobody trusts anyone anymore. Cops have gotten too much power, and in return the criminals have gotten more brazen. We really need to hit the reset button and return to community policing.

18. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    You are absolutely disgusting and reprehensible.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Wow. Amazingly low post. Most cops happen to be good. It's the bad ones who make the news

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No matter where you land on the political spectrum, reveling in the deaths of people you don't even know is pretty goddamn low. Every single one of us here should be better than this.

21. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

What a disgusting reprehensible post.

----------

Karma? Unbelievable.

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Hahaha looks like I struck a nerve. God forbid anyone say anything negative about the police. Get over it. People on this forum made way worse comments in many threads here over the last few months.

Yeah it's sad two guys died. I said that in my post. It sucks and I don't want to see that happen to anyone but these guys lives aren't worth any more than an innocent kid like Tamir Rice.

The NYPD is one of the worst and possibly most corrupt police department in this country. They go out of their way to antagonize and harass the people they are supposed to serve. One of the reasons I'll never set foot in that hell hole.

But yeah... I get it... It's "disgusting and reprehensible" when a cop gets shot and killed but according to some posts on this forum Tamir Rice "deserved it" because he took the orange tip off his toy gun?

You wanna prevent **** like this from happening? Start having some ****ing accountability in these police departments. The sad thing is it's almost always the good cops that end up dying like this while the bad cops keep going along on their merry way. The good cops need to stand the **** up and stop giving bad cops a free pass and then the public might not hate them so much.

23. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Seriously, I still can not comprehend how someone cheers at the death, much less the cold blooded murder, of another human being.

24. dannyyankou, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Deleted. Not bringing and attention to the OP.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

There is a difference from a cop sitting in his cruiser eating lunch and a cop beating a dude with his gun. Nobody should be shot down in cold blood period. It doesn't matter what side of the law you are on. This will not help the situation and promote change. Killing will lead to more killing. Protest all you want, but do it peacefully.