2 PC questions:

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I know this is a mac thread, but there are a good amount of PC users here, so I thought I would ask.

In IE 6, is there a way to just type in google (or macrumors, or any other site) in the adress input box, and have it automatically add the .com after it, like on Chimera, Mozilla, and other browsers?

and my other question:

What is the best program for listening to music. Right now I am using that JukeBox program that came with XP to listen to music, but it sucks royal arse. Is there something as good as iTunes, or anything close to iTunes? I want iTunes :::crying::::....

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
i seem to remember that you can type in google, then press cntrl-enter to get the .com on the end. if it is not the "control" key try alt or whatever.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Winamp is the best you're going to find.

Everybody has Winamp; it's not as slick as iTunes but it does the job. You'll have to manage the files and folders yourself.

However, according to the RIAA, Windows Media Player (a program I've never seen on any PC) is the leading music playing program on PCs.:confused: Supposedly it has visualizations.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Re: Winamp is the best you're going to find.

Originally posted by cubist
However, according to the RIAA, Windows Media Player (a program I've never seen on any PC) is the leading music playing program on PCs.:confused: Supposedly it has visualizations.

That's because MS is in bed with the RIAA.
Many of the major labels have put copy-protected WMA files as hidden tracks on new CDs stating that the WMA format is the most widely used format on computers today.

Apparently they've never heard of MP3s.

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
WMP comes build in with XP just as quicktime comes with OSX

winamp is great, but for some reason it (and WMP) kept skipping...i think it might be cuz i screwed up the audio drivers he he

in IE6, it should already have that auto fill feature thingy, where if you start typing a place you've been to before a list of sites flips down from the address bar

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.