2 phone family question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iriejedi, Oct 2, 2013.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    I'm about to become a 2 iPhone family... I am totally integrated with my current device music, addresses etc.....with my MB Pro and MP tower...love it.

how can I let the second one be unique for contacts, bookmarks, etc... with her log in half of the two computers - but let the music library and photo stream be shared (with wife - does iTunes know it is half hers anyways??)... currently iPhoto and iTunes are all on 'my half' of the computer...

Is there some sort of family configuration option?:confused:
  2. PNutts macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Use the shared Apple ID for the iTunes store on both phones. Get separate iCloud accounts and each use your own on your phone.

I hope I understood the question correctly.
  3. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Jan 15, 2012
    Aka on the phone set it up for her as a new phone and make an account. Then go into settings and sign up with your account into the store.

You'll have to tell her your password but that hopefully isn't a problem.

As for on your computer, it would be a good idea to just let her sync on your "side" of the computer for simplicity. Not like syncing is needed very often.
  4. kbuck1984 macrumors member

Mar 1, 2010
    Yup, this. It's what me and the wife do and it works great.
  5. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2010
    You are likely to have a problem with Photostream, as that works through iCloud so it is not as easy to share.

We get round it by me actively sharing photos that I want my wife to access , and put on her iPhoto library. It's a bit of a pain though.

Otherwise, it should all work as you want by following the advice above.
  6. iriejedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    Sounds reasonable

Thanks - sounds like it should be fairly simple to have the phones shared but unique at the same time.

Now I just need to sit and wait for my 4-6 week quoted lead time for the phones to arrive...