Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan.tebeau

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
Not complaining as I’m know it’s a beta just seeing if others are having the same issue.

1) Printing documents from email appears to be a no go right now. I even saved the PDF to files and attempted to print with no success however printing form Safari appears OK

2) Smart Keyboard Folio - iOS 12 when the keyboard was hooked up the on screen keyboard would never pop up. Each time a text box is selected the onscreen keyboard appears to be popping up even after downsizing.

wolverineguy77

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2017
Fenton, MI
Not complaining as I’m know it’s a beta just seeing if others are having the same issue.

2) Smart Keyboard Folio - iOS 12 when the keyboard was hooked up the on screen keyboard would never pop up. Each time a text box is selected the onscreen keyboard appears to be popping up even after downsizing.

IMO the Smart Keyboard folio is crap. I’ve had mine replaced three or four times because after a couple months the connectivity starts going and either it simply won’t type or the iPad won’t recognize it (triggering the on screen keyboard). I haven’t noticed it happening any more frequently since the iOS 13 beta upgrade.

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
IMO the Smart Keyboard folio is crap. I’ve had mine replaced three or four times because after a couple months the connectivity starts going and either it simply won’t type or the iPad won’t recognize it (triggering the on screen keyboard). I haven’t noticed it happening any more frequently since the iOS 13 beta upgrade.
I think what he’s saying though is an actual bug. I have the keyboard stay up a lot of the times even though I can type fine on the Smart Keyboard.
I know the thing you have though, I get it every so often, and it does suck. You could try a little alcohol with a cotton swob on the pins and ipad gold pin area, seemed to help mine somewhat.

wolverineguy77

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2017
Fenton, MI
I think what he’s saying though is an actual bug. I have the keyboard stay up a lot of the times even though I can type fine on the Smart Keyboard.
I know the thing you have though, I get it every so often, and it does suck. You could try a little alcohol with a cotton swob on the pins and ipad gold pin area, seemed to help mine somewhat.

Unfortunately that hasn't helped. Also, I'm just saying I haven't noticed it more often personally. Your mileage may vary. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.