Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
I just have a couple of questions for everyone who is planning on buying the phone on July 11th. Will you be going to the Apple store or an AT&T store to purchase it? Also, what time that day will you start lining up to purchase it?

I really want to go to the Apple store but if we are going to have to take it to an AT&T store to have it activated I might as well just go there instead. I was thinking about getting to the store around 6:00AM. I have already taking that day off from work. :)

camarobh

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
AT&T store

Probably the local AT&T store for convenience. Will not line up, but will watch the store depending on what time they start selling them on the 11th.

mtfield

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2008
I really hope they don't do the 6pm selling thing again! I am leaving for vacation at 2pm on the 11th so it would be great if I could just go in when the at&t store opens at 8am and pick one up!

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
I guess another question to ask is if anyone thinks there will be lines like there were for the release of the first iPhone?

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Apple Store duhh, 10pm at night, going to walk right in and right out

You are going to buy it at the Apple store that late even if you can't activate it until the next day at an AT&T store? Just curious..

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
I guess another question to ask is if anyone thinks there will be lines like there were for the release of the first iPhone?

The lines will be bigger, the phone is $400 cheaper than it was this time last year.

It will no doubt draw huge crowds.

Hell, there were a 1000 people in line just to get into the new Apple Store in Boston a few a weeks ago. Most didn't even buy anything.

I can only imagine the chaos on 7.11

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
im still thinking it will be activated at home...

like thousands at an Apple store..at 10-12minutes per phone? are u kidding me?

theres like 5 tills....so like 30/hour....that would take days

maybe if you buy it and not activate it in 30 days.

.....then in the future apple will make you pay like a $99 dollar fee to get it back into the system

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
You are going to buy it at the Apple store that late even if you can't activate it until the next day at an AT&T store? Just curious..

Never mind, I just read that the phone will also be activated at Apples stores. I will definitely be in line at an Apple store bright and early. :)

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
im still thinking it will be activated at home...

like thousands at an Apple store..at 10-12minutes per phone? are u kidding me?

theres like 5 tills....so like 30/hour....that would take days

maybe if you buy it and not activate it in 30 days.

.....then in the future apple will make you pay like a $99 dollar fee to get it back into the system

you are right, 10 to 12 minutes per customer does seem ridiculous considering how many people will probably show up to purchase a phone that day. It's going to take forever to get out of there.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
The lines will be bigger, the phone is $400 cheaper than it was this time last year.

It will no doubt draw huge crowds.

Hell, there were a 1000 people in line just to get into the new Apple Store in Boston a few a weeks ago. Most didn't even buy anything.

I can only imagine the chaos on 7.11

the phone may be cheaper, but the service plan is $15/month more. You lose in the long run.... I think this will kill US sales (and lines)

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
the phone may be cheaper, but the service plan is $15/month more. You lose in the long run.... I think this will kill US sales (and lines)

They're heavily advertising the new price of the phone, and not the data prices, so I'm suspecting people are going to be a bit surprised when they waltz in to buy the phone and find out that data and unlimited texting is going to be $50. That might turn quite a few people away.

coolant113

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
New Jersey
I would like to go the apple store.. but i have some things on my plan hat i neeed to discuss with an AT&T rep. to find out what i can do with the new iphone... current plan wise... Im going to probally camp outside the store early on 7-11 idc what time it is released.. but most likely at 6pm because thats when everybody is on there way home from work and have alot of money because its pay day..:apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.