2 reasons why the iP 5C deserves to fail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Troneas, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Troneas, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013

Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

very interesting article on apple's 5C plot:

To worsen the situation, there are also complaints about the gadget's colours and plastic case, prompting a tech Web site to describe it crayon vomit.

Techradar commented that as soon as it saw the coloured cases, "the scrawl was on the wall." It added that using the 5C is like viewing X Factor while with a hangover, quipping, "It makes you want to put your foot through your television.

The Web site cited two reasons why the 5C deserves to fail:

Only a rehash - It noted that the 5C was 2012's model "whacked with the ugly stick" to make it look like a more affordable, fun version." However, the phone doesn't feel like an Apple product, while costing so much. So why get a 5C when a 5S just cost a little bit more? Techradar, however, pointed out that this is not the first time that Apple pulled a fast one on consumers by using the same components in a new case and passing it off as a new product. Another is the iPad Mini which is just the iPad 2 in a small size.

Half-hearted roll out - Techradar pointed out that 5C was not given killer features, yet it selling the device at a price not worth its content that there is no incentive to own one. It added that by releasing the 5C, Apple was eyeing a larger slice of the affordable market, forgetting that Apple customers are unlikely the types who quibble over the price tag.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5152...-why-iphone-5c-deserves-fail.htm#.UmWhU5TXS9j

2. canadianpj macrumors 6502

That is some mighty fine reasoning... Look how terribly the iPad Mini sold. No one wanted it.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

the only plot I see is you making me read something in that horrible orange lettering, worse color than the 5C's :p

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

5. Lammercy macrumors regular

Will this ever end? I like my 5c and it feels just like an Apple device to me. Is it so bad or unbelievable that somebody may not like the 5 or 5S design?

6. canadianpj macrumors 6502

Seems he's really serious about a phone failing that it's clear he does not want to buy. Torments him terribly. Sure he could just not buy it and move on, but I dunno.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know if a phone "deserves" to fail but anyone who says the iPhone 5c doesn't feel like an Apple product should return to the 3G and 3GS. Both were made of plastic and no one got all wiggly about it.

So please, this is just more ******** from some blogger.

PS: Use quotes, not orange. ;)

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. mcrto macrumors member

I've sent a stupid amount of money Apple's way, and the 5C is my favourite buy so far in years. First iMac, my 3G, iphone 4 and 5C are in a group. The 4s and 5 were a bit meh.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Thanks for posting it in that ugly orange.

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

ROFL!

Like Grandma who after being asked to move into a retirement home says, ewww, all the old people there! :D

People having no argument of their own, quote something somewhere to speak for them. Opinions Outsourced. We can't even speak for ourselves.

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

If only it were failing. It's not. Besides this is just someone's opinion. It don't mean crap. Any of the statistics we've seen so far doesn't mean crap.

Guess what I despise the 5/5s design. I despise it do much that last year I waited in line for it on launch only to get it home and realize I honest hated it so I returned it and stayed on my 4s until now.
    Now I do have the 5c! Know why? Because I hate the design if the "metal" phones. Yeah the iphone 5 was fast and it still is... Which is why I have an iphone 5c because it is fast. It has LTE and it will do me quite well until September of 2014.

Guess what that was all my opinion. The same thing you posted, but you had to post someone else's opinion

----------

This is exactly what I meant. No opinion of his own so he had to post someone else's opinion. If your going to post something post some FACTS

13. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

If Apple kept the 5 it would have been the same pricing as the 5c. Instead with the 5c you get a slightly better battery and a slightly better FaceTime camera and a choice of (meh) colors. I think the biggest mistake was the lack of a black iphone 5c. Why didn't they make a black one? If the only offered the colors and no white I could sorta understand. This all being said my wife has an iPhone 4 8gb that I think a $99 iPhone 5c will be a great upgrade to. She will love it and it's only $99.

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yup. Talks about the 5c failing with nothing to back it up.

15. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Did you purposely pick out the font color most likely to cause retinal bleeding?

Anywho, in response:

1)"Why get the 5c when the 5s cost a little bit more?"

Obviously in the past customers purchased the iPhone 4s when the iPhone 5 was available, and the iPhone 4 when the iPhone 4s was out. Why did they purchase those when the new model was just "a little bit more"? Apply that answer here.

2) "...yet it selling the device at a price not worth its content that there is no incentive to own one."

The iPhone 5c isn't marketed as a "Cheap, Affordable" phone. It's marketed as a candy-coated phone for the segment of the marketplace that wants a bit of color and doesn't need bleeding-edge tech.

Did the iPhone 4s get this much scrutiny when the iPhone 5 was released? Jesus Christ.

I'm beginning to think that that hardest of hardcore Apple fanboys are offended that the iPhone 5c even exists, that it devalues Apple as a brand, and it causes them physical and mental pain.

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I would bet some fanbois are actually losing sleep over these new colorful sexy 5Cs :apple:

17. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

18. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

IMO the 5C is like the outgoing model freshened up with a costume to make it look "new". It's kinda like when the iPhone 4S was introduced apple taking a iPhone 4 and color it up and reduce the price by $100 and say its a new iPhone. Lots of people fell for it :)
    :apple::apple:

19. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Hmm...seems to me the 4s is the outgoing model. The 5s and 5c are new no matter what technology is inside them.

20. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Outgoing? Um I don't think so. I realize what you're trying to say but it's worded wrong. No matter how one wants to twist it the 5c is a new device with iPhone 5 technology. There's nothing wrong with that. Had the 5 stayed it wouldn't be discontinued until 2015. That's not outgoing.

21. MacDaddy22 macrumors newbie

Not only is this thread stupid for passing this dumb article along, but TechGAYdar is beyond stupid for their reasoning. Using their logic, here's what I have come up with:

1. The MacBook Pro is nothing more than a fat MacBook Air

2. The MacBook Air is Apple trying to pull a fast one by selling us a laptop without a cd drive.

3. The Mac Mini is nothing more than an iMac without a screen.

4. The iPod Touch is the biggest ripoff of all. It's an iPhone WITHOUT A PHONE.

What garbage.

22. Troneas thread starter macrumors 65816

Troneas

except that the iphone 5 has a certain build quality which the 5C lacks, no?

23. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

The build quality on the 5c is actually quite superb.

24. syd430 Guest

I personally don't like the 5c but the iPad Mini comparison is a bit stupid. It's arguable that the Mini case is better than the ipad 2's. They're also both aluminium.

25. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I can't say it lacks build quality! I absolutely despise the 5/5 s design. That said aluminum isn't some fancy metal. It's actually one if the cheapest metals around.

I can however understand why some people prefer the design if the 5/5s. It's just not me. I, however, don't begrudge anyone over there opinion