2 Time Loser Clinton yet to give up

Alaxlmartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
Hillary Clinton dodged a question on Tuesday about whether she will run for president in 2020 while speaking on the first stop of a new tour.

"Actually, Frank, I am thinking about standing for Parliament here in Canada," Clinton said in Toronto when asked by Frank McKenna, the former Canadian ambassador to the U.S., if she will run in 2020, according to CNN.

https://apple.news/AY22uXB-6RVibnjneY71VNg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Hillary Clinton dodged a question on Tuesday about whether she will run for president in 2020 while speaking on the first stop of a new tour.

"Actually, Frank, I am thinking about standing for Parliament here in Canada," Clinton said in Toronto when asked by Frank McKenna, the former Canadian ambassador to the U.S., if she will run in 2020, according to CNN.

The very title of your thread invites certain responses, and cannot remotely be accused of impartiality.

How about an alternative thread title of "serial bankrupt Mr Trump yet to come clean about his tax affairs"?

Alaxlmartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
The very title of your thread invites certain responses, and cannot remotely be accused of impartiality.

How about an alternative thread title of "serial bankrupt Mr Trump yet to come clean about his tax affairs"?
That would be fine by me, I don’t really like either

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
but she’s certainly not going to win the nomination.
Why do you think not?

She has a core base that will rally for her. I can see a similar scenario like what happened with Trump in the GOP primary if there are too many who decide to run. She would have her base and the rest would split up the rest. Her base would not change and as other candidate lost or dropped out, she would pick up some (not all) of their support and then in the end, she has the votes.

The wild card though is Beto. If he runs, the media will follow him around like he is a rockstar and suck the energy out of everyone else's campaigns.

Alaxlmartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
Why do you think not?

She has a core base that will rally for her. I can see a similar scenario like what happened with Trump in the GOP primary if there are too many who decide to run. She would have her base and the rest would split up the rest. Her base would not change and as other candidate lost or dropped out, she would pick up some (not all) of their support and then in the end, she has the votes.

The wild card though is Beto. If he runs, the media will follow him around like he is a rockstar and suck the energy out of everyone else's campaigns.

Sanders has a bigger base than Clinton, BUT never rule Clinton out, even now. Beto is a “rockstar” but real progressives won’t vote for him because he hasn’t sponsored initiatives and he is a white guy. Beto will chip away from Biden and Booker and GIllibrand but not from Bernie or Warren

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
People need to stop paying attention to everything she says. Maybe she runs again, maybe she doesn’t (I think it highly unlikely that she does), but she’s certainly not going to win the nomination.
easy to win when she is the only one running, the DNC is not going to make the same mistake and let someone else run against her.

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2015

Yeah no, just no. Time for some new blood and we have a great field of candidates making their way through the crowds as of late.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
The DNC wants no part of Hillary in 2020. There’s no way they would do anything to help her candidacy.
source please. because last time it was Hillary who funded the DNC.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774
Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund—that figure represented $10,000 to each of the 32 states’ parties who were part of the Victory Fund agreement—$320,000—and $33,400 to the DNC. The money would be deposited in the states first, and transferred to the DNC shortly after that. Money in the battleground states usually stayed in that state, but all the other states funneled that money directly to the DNC, which quickly transferred the money to Brooklyn.

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

“That was the deal that Robby struck with Debbie,” he explained, referring to campaign manager Robby Mook. “It was to sustain the DNC. We sent the party nearly $20 million from September until the convention, and more to prepare for the election.”

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Clinton donors are already moving on to other candidates. A bunch are now backing Kamala Harris and others are waiting to decide, but very few of them, if any, will support Clinton.
nothing is free, bet you that if Kamala "wins" the nomination she picks Hillary for VP :p
https://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-kamala-harris-picks-former-clinton-1484332104-htmlstory.html

Alaxlmartin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
Real progressives will vote for anyone with a (D) in front of their name since the alternative is DJT.

Sanders was too old in '16 and he's going to be way to old in '20 and Warren isn't going to run

Progressives are pushing very hard these days. Like Bernie, AOC, and Merkley out of Oregon are the only ones who cut it. Warren is pushing it, everyone else loses.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Disclaimer: I do not think Hillary Clinton should run for POTUS.

Now, with that said, before calling her a 2-time loser, one should look at their history books.

I mean, John Q. Adam's opponent in the 1824 election was Andrew Jackson. Look at what happened 4 years later.

To quote Yakko Warner from Animaniacs:

John Quincy Adam is who's up next
And it's Andrew Jackson's butt he kicks
So Jackson learns to play politics
Next time, he's the one that the country picks

And also, look at how many times Nixon ran. History has a knack at favoring a challenger who lost a POTUS election.

Not sayin', but I'm tryin' to say...

BL.