2 weeks and counting..and no 5s :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissypantz2828, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Yes pointless thread..I have one reserved at best buy. Second on the list now..and I am starting to even wonder if I need the phone now lol. I know I wanted it at week 1, then slowly through week 2 I was like "why are you getting excited over this phone?" I have the iPhone 5 and I want it for the fingerprint sensor and camera. The guy buying my phone texts me everyday asking if they got it yet LOL. Meh, here's to hoping it comes out this week. Have to wait an extra day due to Thanksgiving of course.

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

What's funny is that I've had mine since the morning of Sep 20th. I just walked into AT&T, asked if they had any, they did, and I was on my way. No line, no nothing. :D

3. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

hehe Its funny that he is so frustrated over something so small, but I have been there when something I ordered does not arrive in time, hope it arrives soon for you, good luck!

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

The 5S is a nice device, but let's put it this way... I'm already bored with it. Maybe pick up the Note 3. :D

5. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

6. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

7. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Count yourself lucky. Some issues with the iphone 5s and some customers are returning them

8. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Why? Besides the sensor and blue screen of death?

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Which I and most everyone else has not experienced.

10. alent1234 macrumors 603

if AT&T did partial discounts on android like they do with iphones i would have bought a note 2 yesterday and traded in my iphone 5 for it. maybe $50 out of pocket for me

like my iphone but the NYC subway is so crowded on some lines i can't take my ipad out to read a book on the train. Note 2 fits in my pocket

11. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

I ditched my gold T-Mobile order and ordered a space gray.
    Not regretting it one single bit.

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

some kid has been waiting that long for a decent meal. Just wanted to toss in that little nugget of reality.

Good luck on your long wait.... oh wait my 5s is ringing.... gotta go. ;)

13. mknlb50 macrumors newbie

Yep. Apple May have dropped the ball for some people. Those of who are on the fence between 5S and Note 3/S4 already went over to the android camp. It is ridiculous how Apple created such an artificial shortage just to get more news coverage. Also, things are about to get worse as well considering 5S is launching in many other countries soon even with shortages in the U.S

14. Aussi3 macrumors regular

Aussi3

I just got mine at the apple store yesterday ( 64gb gold ) didn't order online just waited for the shipments to come in then pounce :)

15. urkel macrumors 68030

Do you feel your "need" to upgrade from a 5 to 5s is more psychological than practical? I say this out of experience because after a 2wk search then I went from 5 to 5s and back to 5. Gold was pretty but the improvements just weren't that big a deal.

I returned mine because I felt that if I were to fulfill some silly need to get a new Apple product then the iPads are going to be the more significant upgrade. So I'm putting that money towards either a retina Mini or the new hardware in the big iPad. Either of those products will be a more noticeable upgrade than 5 to 5s.