2 women, 6-year-old boy involved in violent Walmart brawl in Indiana (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Jun 9, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

This is horrible. And judging by the little boy's words, this is how his mother has taught him to behave previously. These people are complete trash. That poor little kid has a difficult future ahead of him. Link

WARNING: These videos are graphic.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. iBlazed, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm most interested to hear what @smellysox8 has to say, as I'm sure the first thing he will do is watch the videos to figure out the ethnicity of all involved.

4. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Something about an "excuse me" and a dirty look.

5. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Looks like the mother of the child spoke up about the fight to a radio station, here is her explanation...

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it is pretty pathetic. not sure if I would call it violent though. I have seen 14 year old girls that are more aggressive. that woman sure did not need the electric cart. the poor kid was stuck in the middle of that cat wrestle. should have taken a hose to them.

7. satcomer, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

The video taken dude said "White Trash..." Yet but still can't properly shoot a video, turn the darn phone please!!! ;)

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Why the hell is that woman riding the handicart around if she's able to throw down like that?

Man, that's just lazy.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No argument there..

Though I will say that the worst of all of this was the mother telling the son to hit the other woman. We know that he would have faced retribution if he didn't obey, even knowing that what he would do was wrong.

And to say that he's taking karate, and that the main rule they have is to never back down, is absolute bollocks.

Yes, it's a movie, but if true, his mother and the instructor need to take a lesson from Miyagi from The Karate Kid, Pt. 2.

BL.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Honestly, I didn't even watch that far into it. As soon as those two women piled on each other, I thought "this isn't a good cat fight at ALL", and killed it.

It's depressing on so many levels.

Damn. Now that I've you've brought it up, I gotta go watch it. It's been way too long since I last saw it.

13. sim667 macrumors 65816

smellysox will no doubt try to blame it on black culture somehow.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

To be fair, if a woman attacked my mum, I'd boot her in the face too.

15. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Yep. I'd slap her with some kind of reckless behavior, inciting, etc., type charge to make a point. Even if it was just a fine, you don't invoke your kid to get involved in a fight, that's goddam ridiculous.

DT

16. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

In addition to that, I thought there were two other things tied for "worst" in the video:

1) As people clustered around and talked about what to do, the talk about how there was the possibility of a lawsuit if others got involved came up. That's incredibly sad, particularly considering that this fight involved a young child. Possibly sadder is that once they said that, I thought to myself, "oh, they're probably right."

2) When the bystanders talk to the child, one tells him not to hit anyone, and another counters by goading him on to "protect your momma." It's not that I don't understand the sentiment, but it's a pretty sick statement to make given the context and the realization that it basically translates to encouraging the kid to continue assaulting the other woman.

I would have liked to see the bystanders get in to stop the fighting and sequester the child, but I can't really fault them. To be honest, I don't know that I would have felt comfortable doing such a thing, myself. It's a sad scenario all around.

17. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

If that little kid don't sit his little midget power ranger ass down somewhere.

18. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The mother of the child has been charged.

What was a 6 year old kid doing in a Walmart at 10:30 at night anyway? Shouldn't he have been in bed? Great parenting...

Shouldn't come as a surprise though, I've been in Walmart at 12am before and was shocked to see kids there. That store brings some serious trash through its doors.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

too many assumptions in your post.
    you assume there was someone they could leave the kid with.
    you assume they are from town & not driving through.
    if Target or any other stored were open 24 hrs you would be able to say the same thing about them.

20. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Meh. Still trashy. There's no reason to do a full cart of grocery shopping with a little kid that late at night.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that would depend on what their particular situation is. their kids/their problem

22. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

You worded it perfectly. I kept wondering why someone didn't get involved but when the off screen talker mentioned the lawsuit I thought "yeah, they shouldn't" which made me sad at myself, but the other thing is those were some low class people, if you got involved you would have been dragged into the fight too.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the kid and got annoyed with the lady telling the boy to defend his mother. Granted if some lady was beating up my mother, I'd get involved, but I would push the lady off, not kick her face.

23. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

He's beyond hope. All I can say is don't bait him. After watching the video, I'm surprise neither of them really knows how to throw a punch.

24. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Don't understand what appears to be a healthy person using one of those scooters...

25. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Their problem ... having their kid participate in a brawl. I don't think we should be defending the mother here.