2 women, 6-year-old boy involved in violent Walmart brawl in Indiana (VIDEO)

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
This is horrible. And judging by the little boy's words, this is how his mother has taught him to behave previously. These people are complete trash. That poor little kid has a difficult future ahead of him. Link

WARNING: These videos are graphic.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
Looks like the mother of the child spoke up about the fight to a radio station, here is her explanation...

BEECH GROVE, Ind. — One of the women involved in a fight inside an Indiana Wal-Mart said the altercation started over an alleged racist comment.

Video of the fight was shared on YouTube and has been viewed more than a million times. One of the women involved in the fight is now sharing her story.

A woman named Amber called the Smiley Morning Show on WZPL to talk about the fight. She told the hosts she was in Wal-Mart when she heard a woman on a motorized scooter, a woman she would later fight, refer to an employee as a “ni****.”

“(The woman) was sitting there yelling at an employee at Wal-Mart, and she was telling her that she was a ni**** and that she was going to get out of the chair and whoop her a**,” the woman said.

“She used the ‘n-word?'” the host asked.

“Yes, she used the ‘n-word,'” the woman said. “So in my defense, I was standing up for the employee.”

During the fight, she said no one stepped in to break up the fight.

“I don’t blame Wal-Mart employees for not intervening,” Amber said. “But as far as security, if you go to any other Wal-Mart fight video, security is right there trying to break it up, help them.”

By the time police arrived, Amber said the fight was over. She also talked about the role her son played in the fight.

“My son takes martial arts classes. He’s been going to the gym for several years with his father. I mean, he’s been in the gym for a long time,” she said. “He got a little crazy. I don’t have to worry about him ever being bullied.”

She described the boy as an honor roll student and teacher’s pet. She said his martial arts teachers have taught him not to back down.

“My son is raised perfectly right. My son is perfectly well taken care of,” she told WZPL.

After the fight, she said police initially laughed about the video, which she first saw after coworkers found it on YouTube.

“The guy with the camera was showing the video to the cops and they were all standing around laughing about it,” she said.

After the fight, Amber said she paid for her merchandise and left.

Walmart sent a statement to WXIN, saying both women are banned from the store:

“This type of behavior inside one of our stores is completely unacceptable and we are notifying the individuals involved that they are no longer welcome on Wal-Mart property. Once we were aware of this situation, a member of our management immediately called the police and we are continuing to work with them on this matter.”

Beech Grove police continue to investigate the incident, telling WXIN in a statement:

“Unfortunately the video in and off itself speaks volumes. We are currently investigating the incident and we will consult with the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office as to what if any charges may be filed on the individuals involved.”

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
it is pretty pathetic. not sure if I would call it violent though. I have seen 14 year old girls that are more aggressive. that woman sure did not need the electric cart. the poor kid was stuck in the middle of that cat wrestle. should have taken a hose to them.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Why the hell is that woman riding the handicart around if she's able to throw down like that?

Man, that's just lazy.
No argument there..

Though I will say that the worst of all of this was the mother telling the son to hit the other woman. We know that he would have faced retribution if he didn't obey, even knowing that what he would do was wrong.

And to say that he's taking karate, and that the main rule they have is to never back down, is absolute bollocks.

Yes, it's a movie, but if true, his mother and the instructor need to take a lesson from Miyagi from The Karate Kid, Pt. 2.

Rule #1: Karate is for self-defense.
Rule #2: First, learn Rule #1.
BL.

Reactions: Mousse and Ledgem

Renzatic

Suspended
No argument there..

Though I will say that the worst of all of this was the mother telling the son to hit the other woman. We know that he would have faced retribution if he didn't obey, even knowing that what he would do was wrong.
Honestly, I didn't even watch that far into it. As soon as those two women piled on each other, I thought "this isn't a good cat fight at ALL", and killed it.

It's depressing on so many levels.

And to say that he's taking karate, and that the main rule they have is to never back down, is absolute bollocks.

Yes, it's a movie, but if true, his mother and the instructor need to take a lesson from Miyagi from The Karate Kid, Pt. 2.
Damn. Now that I've you've brought it up, I gotta go watch it. It's been way too long since I last saw it.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

BL.
Yep. I'd slap her with some kind of reckless behavior, inciting, etc., type charge to make a point. Even if it was just a fine, you don't invoke your kid to get involved in a fight, that's goddam ridiculous.

DT

Ledgem

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
Though I will say that the worst of all of this was the mother telling the son to hit the other woman.
In addition to that, I thought there were two other things tied for "worst" in the video:

1) As people clustered around and talked about what to do, the talk about how there was the possibility of a lawsuit if others got involved came up. That's incredibly sad, particularly considering that this fight involved a young child. Possibly sadder is that once they said that, I thought to myself, "oh, they're probably right."

2) When the bystanders talk to the child, one tells him not to hit anyone, and another counters by goading him on to "protect your momma." It's not that I don't understand the sentiment, but it's a pretty sick statement to make given the context and the realization that it basically translates to encouraging the kid to continue assaulting the other woman.

I would have liked to see the bystanders get in to stop the fighting and sequester the child, but I can't really fault them. To be honest, I don't know that I would have felt comfortable doing such a thing, myself. It's a sad scenario all around.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
The mother of the child has been charged.

Amber Stephenson, 34, Indianapolis, was charged Friday with neglect of a dependent and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by The Indianapolis Star, Stephenson allegedly instigated the fight at the Walmart on the night of June 4.

Court documents state Beech Grove Police were dispatched to the store at 10:32 p.m. on a report of a fight between two women.
What was a 6 year old kid doing in a Walmart at 10:30 at night anyway? Shouldn't he have been in bed? Great parenting...

Shouldn't come as a surprise though, I've been in Walmart at 12am before and was shocked to see kids there. That store brings some serious trash through its doors.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
The mother of the child has been charged.

What was a 6 year old kid doing in a Walmart at 10:30 at night anyway? Shouldn't he have been in bed? Great parenting...

Shouldn't come as a surprise though, I've been in Walmart at 12am before and was shocked to see kids there. That store brings some serious trash through its doors.
too many assumptions in your post.
you assume there was someone they could leave the kid with.
you assume they are from town & not driving through.
if Target or any other stored were open 24 hrs you would be able to say the same thing about them.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
In addition to that, I thought there were two other things tied for "worst" in the video:

1) As people clustered around and talked about what to do, the talk about how there was the possibility of a lawsuit if others got involved came up. That's incredibly sad, particularly considering that this fight involved a young child. Possibly sadder is that once they said that, I thought to myself, "oh, they're probably right."

2) When the bystanders talk to the child, one tells him not to hit anyone, and another counters by goading him on to "protect your momma." It's not that I don't understand the sentiment, but it's a pretty sick statement to make given the context and the realization that it basically translates to encouraging the kid to continue assaulting the other woman.

I would have liked to see the bystanders get in to stop the fighting and sequester the child, but I can't really fault them. To be honest, I don't know that I would have felt comfortable doing such a thing, myself. It's a sad scenario all around.
You worded it perfectly. I kept wondering why someone didn't get involved but when the off screen talker mentioned the lawsuit I thought "yeah, they shouldn't" which made me sad at myself, but the other thing is those were some low class people, if you got involved you would have been dragged into the fight too.

I also agree wholeheartedly with the kid and got annoyed with the lady telling the boy to defend his mother. Granted if some lady was beating up my mother, I'd get involved, but I would push the lady off, not kick her face.

Reactions: TwoBytes

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I'm most interested to hear what @smellysox8 has to say, as I'm sure the first thing he will do is watch the videos to figure out the ethnicity of all involved.
He's beyond hope. All I can say is don't bait him. After watching the video, I'm surprise neither of them really knows how to throw a punch.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
that would depend on what their particular situation is. their kids/their problem
Their problem ... having their kid participate in a brawl. I don't think we should be defending the mother here.