2 Years with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Saberon, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Well it's been 2 years to this day that I upgraded my 1 year old 3GS (my 1st iPhone) to an iPhone 4.

I have never been so happy with a phone before, I practically live on this device. Online banking/emails/Dropbox/Twitter/Calendars/GPS/LogMein Remote Control/Movie tickets...It's completely changed how I do things. I used to use my Desktop PC for everything but all I do is play the occasional game on it now. I've never had a single issue with the iPhone, love the form factor and everything about it.

I'm incredibly excited for the iPhone "5" that is hopefully launching next month. Quite frankly I'll be sad to sell my iPhone 4, it's been so good that I don't even want to part with it!

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why not just keep your iPhone 4 as a backup? Between my wife and myself, I keep one iPhone in every design/form factor (original, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4S) and sell the others.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I got my iPhone 4 the day it was released and it is still going strong over 2 years later. I'm not sure I'll buy the upcoming iPhone to replace it. Just might keep it.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am buying the iPhone 5, but keeping the iPhone 4. Real reason? The iPhone 4 is factory unlocked, whilst my new Sprint i5 most likely will not be. When leaving the country, I can keep the iphone 5 at home, travel with the 4 with unlocked SIMs.

5. Saberon thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd keep it as a backup but I'm buying an unlocked iPhone 5 so the funds will help!

6. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I love my iPhone 4 too. Despite that fact that it will be never comfortable to hold and that I got bored and tried to ditch it several times.

I will be donating mine to my mother. She needs to get rid of her dumb phone. I'm excited for the new iPhone and will pre order ASAP.

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Me too. The home button is getting a little tired and I could do with more space (but only because I'm lazy!). Not decided if I'll preorder or wait a while. I think I'll see what they announce and then decide.

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have had mine for about 1.5 years and like the OP i love it. I bought a 1st gen iPad about 6 motnhs before getting my IP4, it is a good thing i got the IP4 because the ipad is allways in use by the wife and kids.

My phone before this was a Palm Treo and i liked that phone was a great device. But the iP4 just blew me away and i have loved it since day 1.

I will most likely be getting the IP5 sometime after the first of the year. I will most likely pass my current 4 down to my daughter.

Still trying to decide on buying the 5 outright so i can keep the unlimited plan, or just bite the bullit and get the wife and kids all on 1 big shared data plan.

9. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Similar thing here. I got the iPhone 3GS and when the iPhone 4 was leaked I immediately loved it. The iPhone 4 was, compared to the iPhone 3GS, a really big upgrade (we're talking here about a much better battery, a brand new design, external antenna (which seemed great at first), A4 chip, 512 MB RAM, front facing camera, FaceTime HD, second microphone for noise cancellation and the retina display (with IPS technology)).

I got the iPhone 4 on launch day and I still own the device to this day. I'm not quite as thrilled about the leaked next-gen iPhone. Honestly, I'm not quite in love yet with the design (that doesn't mean it's ugly, I just expected something... more radical). I will, however, wait for real, high-quality pictures before I judge the design.

Secondly, I simply know too little about the next-gen iPhone. All we know now is that it gets a new design + a 4-inch display. I like the 4-inch display, but that's really the onliest new, real future. 4G LTE is rumoured, but that's what it is: a rumour without part leaks. Also, 4G LTE isn't available over here (and even if it will be, Apple will probably only support American bands).

So, I'm awaiting the keynote - and than we'll see.

Edit: I'm excited though about the camera. We know nothing about it, but I assume it's at least as good as the iPhone 4S' camera - so that will be real improvement over the iPhone 4S. I'm really looking forward to 1080p HD video recording with video stabilisation. The one feature missing? You can't upload 1080p HD videos from your iPhone to, let's say, YouTube.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I also have my original iPhone 4 but mines jailbroken with tweaks that are must haves in my everyday usage (Lockinfo, SBSettings, Activator, 3G Unrestrictor). Apples going to have to impress me with iOS6 if they want me to let go of my current iPhone. Otherwise, I'd probably wait until there's a jailbreak before I upgrade or do something else.