20" 2.4GHZ iMac for £845

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rustman, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Rustman macrumors regular

Rustman

Would I be crazy not to get an a 20" 2.4GHz iMac for £850 inc delivery? Is there a decent performance boost over the 2 GHZ model to justify the price hike.

I was planning on getting a Mac Pro, but this price is looking very attractive and with Leopard now out I'm starting to chaff at the bit. Frankly I'm sick of waiting for Apple to update technology that is over a year old including it's price.

I'm expecting to upgrade it to at least 2GB. Here's my needs:

Needs: CS3 Design suite, Windows running in Parallels, Boot Camp (possibly to run to run Battlefield 2).

I have no mental video editing requirements but I expect I will do a bit of home video editing.

This offer expires this weekend, so any feedback would be appreciated.

2. icetea macrumors newbie

Bump..yeah I'd like to know too. That's a potential £150 to be saved!

3. je1ani macrumors 6502

I coudln't tell you if it's a good deal because I live in the states and i'd never pay that much lol sorry i'm no help...

4. icetea macrumors newbie

It's sad but true..the grass usually looks greener on the states side at least in the mac world. But that's another topic altogether..

I think the question is whether the 2.0Ghz + ATI2400 is fast enough for the OP's need (CS3 etc) while saving ££. BTW, I'm considering between the 20" 2.0 and 2.4Ghz too.

5. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I had the same dilemma. I was told to look at it this way... you can't replace the graphics card, or processor, and you can always save up for funds to increase the ram/HD, so always go for the one with faster processor and better g.card

6. Rustman thread starter macrumors regular

Rustman

Incidentally, it's the deal that is on www.hotukdeals.co.uk

7. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

You won't notice much, if any difference, in using Photoshop etc. on the two machines.

For games the better GPU in the 2.4Ghz will come into play though.

£845 is a good price btw.