20" Cinema Display, weird high pitch noise and other questions!

Grokgod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Greetings all...
Here are question that I am hoping to get some help with.

My Picture frame cinema display makes a high pitched noise from the back.
Is this normal. I tested another dispaly at my friends house and it has the same thing, but listen to a dell and NOTHING!

Very irritating!

Also are the new Cinema Display spared this?
And are all the past problems . pink tints etc over with.

Is it safe, or must I go Dell?
God no~

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
My cinema display is silent. Could be a coincidence you both got defective displays? There should be no high pitch noise.

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
There are a few Studio Displays in my school that do this as well. And the frequency of the sound changes depending on the brightness of the display. Its certainly not normal. Get it looked at.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
My 20" doesn't make any noise either...
On a side note, has anybody noticed how regular old (not flatscreen) TV's make different pitch noise depending on the level of brightness being displayed? It's really annoying. Oh, and i've been doing a bit of a survey recently... Who can *actually* hear the sound of a TV being turned on, when the volume is muted? That little high-pitched whining that you can pick up from across the house... I seem to be the only one in my family who can.

andypress

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2003
Buffalo, NY
pdpfilms said:
On a side note, has anybody noticed how regular old (not flatscreen) TV's make different pitch noise depending on the level of brightness being displayed? It's really annoying. Oh, and i've been doing a bit of a survey recently... Who can *actually* hear the sound of a TV being turned on, when the volume is muted? That little high-pitched whining that you can pick up from across the house... I seem to be the only one in my family who can.
I can hear those also, I'm one of the few people that can hear it also. The worst offenders were those old ibm termials they had at the library, sitting near them was like torture.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
pdpfilms said:
OMG. That is AGONY for me. No one else in my house can hear it though.

paco taco mike

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2005
San Francisco
pdpfilms said:
i hate that sound also.
i guess i am not crazy after all

-mike

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
pdpfilms said:
I can hear it also, only one in house who can to. I can hear a TV, even if there is nothing on the TV, from the other end of the house just as long as it is on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.