Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tliptak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2002
I have an older 20 gig iPod. Not one of the new ones and it has a problem. The battery seems to down charge after a few days even if I don't use it. Also if i'm listening to a song and turn the iPod off it usally remembers the song when I turn it back on. But now instead of remembering it, it just going back to the menu. Something weird is going on! Thanks for your help

20 gig ipod
software version 1.3

Anna

macrumors regular
May 25, 2003
Australia
I have EXACTLY the same problem with my second gen. 20G iPod. I spoke to some people "in the know" about it dropping the charge and they said that if the iPod gets cold it discharges quicker and battery life deteriorates if you do not give it a full charge ie run down fully and recharge it back up again at least every 2 weeks.

The other issue regarding the losing songs after being turned off - I experienced the same thing but I am not sure.

Also does your LCD flicker?

tliptak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2002
No My LCD doesn't flicker. My iPod was next to my wall and it is a little cold there. Let me know if you find out anything. I have a second gen to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.