20 minutes of use (just notification popups) and 2.5 hours standby = 10% battery use+

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sixxmum, Oct 29, 2013.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

This seems like much less than it was getting before. I can't get through a day without charging now, even if I am not using for more than occasional email checks, a few texts, maybe 1 phone call, and 30 minutes of GPS.

I am sorry to even ask this, as I know battery life questions are annoying. I am not usually a battery fusser.

2. Jinzen macrumors 6502

Do a hard reset. Check your location services (is an app using your GPS without your permission?). And if you're somewhere with 1 bar of signal, your battery life will be very poor as the radio constantly looks for reception.

3. sixxmum, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Yep! I did all of those. I thought it was the connection when I was traveling. But, now that I'm home, I'm consistently in 3-4 bars and full wifi. I have very few apps with location services on and haven't used any in this cycle. The only app that shows up as having used location services at all recently is Passbook (and that wasn't me using it, just the auto, which I have now turned off).

I've also got Bluetooth and Airdrop turned off, brightness on low, and most notifications turned off.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

sounds about right. i gave up on the battery drain. i can sit and watch it drain 1 % every 5 mins. i dont care anymore. one day the battery can last forever, next minute draining like crazy. i turned off the battery meter. screw it.