20 questions from HRC to DJT

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Sep 14, 2016.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ts-list-of-20-questions-trump-needs-to-answer

Personal opinion: this is very stupid on HRC's campaign part. It puts the ball in DJT's court. Plus, they are all softballs. Example:"19. In sum, how will Trump guarantee that if forced to choose between America's security and his own bank account, he won't pick the latter?"

Answer: "I will give up my $B empire, which I built during the decades. The health of the US is more important of that of Trump's corporation."

2. samcraig macrumors P6

But that would be a lie. We all know it.

3. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Doesn't matter. The 20 questions open for a plethora of rethorical campaigning BS by DJT. Whoever came up with the idea should be fired immediately.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I disagree. Some of the questions are worded quite well which make any answer an indictment.

For example, the "Do you still beat your wife" question, "Will you sever ties with your company linked to foreign leaders, questionable organizations, and criminals if you become president?"

5. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

"Never involved in criminal activity. How about what FBI Director said about you breaking the law? Has Mr. Clinton answered to rape charges?"

6. samcraig macrumors P6

"Have you answered for your sexual assault charges?"

In other news - Bill isn't running. Not that it excuses him. But it's a diversion.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Also - everyone knows He'd be lying about that too ;)

7. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Lol... can you imagine? "No, but he's guilty. Let me tell ya!"

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Listen, I know all the dangerous foreign leaders, questionable organizations, and criminals. They love me. So I like them. If they want to tell me I'm great, I can say they're great too. They're great leaders just like I am. The best.

9. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

ahhahaha. that would be an epic exchange

10. zin macrumors 6502

She's on the defensive! Get her whilst she's down.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Based on this tactic, I would say she was on the offensive.

12. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

No, this is clearly defensive. and a mistake.

13. zin macrumors 6502

Why does Hillary never talk about Hillary?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Tinfoil hat time!

I truly believe there are some interns or something in the Clinton campaign who dislike Hillary. There have been some blunders. For instance, they tweeted a link to Trump's policies on his website a few weeks ago (no rhetoric, just a tweet that said 'go look at his policies' along with a link) and somebody wrote an article attacking a green cartoon frog a couple of days ago.

There is no way they were told by somebody to do those things.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Why does Trump never talk about Trump's plans? He does love to talk about himself in the 3rd person though, doesn't he. Narcissism at the very best.

Hillary talks - a lot - about her plans and views. Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the last 18 months/30 years.

15. zin macrumors 6502

He does. As a matter of fact, he has given major policy speeches over the last couple of months. He gave a one on childcare yesterday, a one on education last week, and a one on immigration, accompanied by a visit to Mexico, a few weeks ago.

Hillary doesn't talk about her plans. Her last major appearances have been a failed rally in Ohio, where she almost died from a coughing fit; a speech to veterans that she used to attack Trump; a speech to wealthy donors that she used to insult voters; and a speech in Nevada that she used, not to talk about small business like she said she was going to, but to shout 'racist' for half an hour.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Selective short term memory? Hillary for months has stated her plans. Months while all Donald did was go on the attack and not reveal anything other than he has plans. A lot of great plans. Now, because in the last few weeks he's spoken a little about what those plans are (clearly orchestrated by his new(er) team) that negates his months of nothing and Hillary's history of speaking on the issues.

This is exactly why I can't wait for the debates. At least if there's a good moderator. Because we'll get a real sense of who is and who is not on point.

17. yaxomoxay thread starter macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I want the Octagon.

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

We don't need speeches about HRC's plans she's been a visible politician for almost 40 years. Trump is a relatively unknown commodity that spews stupid at just about every time he opens his mouth he's the one that has something to prove and you prove it with policy speeches and laid out plans.

19. thermodynamic, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

BS from both sides, she just opened up a number of gaffes that Trump might use to trip her up in return and would if he were even remotely serious about winning the election. That remains to be seen, if he uses any of the same questions on her - which he now has the effective right to do since both of them are on equal peer footing as competing candidates.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    He's a person, not a "commodity", noting that replacing "personnel" with "human resources" also helped the desensitization of pro-life values...

How about proving it with plans that work? Speeches mentioning plans win support. Plans can look nice, but how they are implemented, correctly implemented, and if they have the correct effect and how you define "correct" can all be very different. That's true for any candidate.

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Pretty rich a Clinton mention conflict of interest in National Strategy. You know with the Uranium deals and the Clinton foundation, or the Haiti reconstruction and Wild Bill's brother being chosen to run it on behalf of the Clinton foundation.

Hillary Clinton

✔@HillaryClinton

Today's must-read: "Almost every foreign policy decision [Trump] makes will raise serious conflicts of interest."

For Clinton.
    1. Will you sever ties with your FOUNDATION linked to foreign leaders, questionable organizations, and criminals if you become president?
    20. It's pretty clear: The CLINTONs spent THEIR life unscrupulously looking out for THEIR own wallet above all. Why would that change as president?

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or something like that.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Only their foundation's donations trump Trump's. Whether or not you buy into their wrongdoings - it cannot be denied that their foundation has done a world of good.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Oh so it's okay if they line they pockets just like Trump as long as they appear to do more good?

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Did I say that? I didn't. And it's not just that they appear to do more good. The foundation does more good. I'm not sure you can refute that.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The bad out weighs any good in my opinion.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

For both candidates then, right?