20 years Apple

atomwork

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2001
Miami Beach
I just read in the finder info that apples copyright is from 1983 - 2002. Wouldn't this also mean that next year apple would have its 20th existing? May be they have to give us an extra candy:))))) Or did they officially came out in 1984?

Just some thoughts for the upcoming MWs

D

Padrote

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2002
Glendale, CA
TAM

The designs for the 20th Anniversary Mac look very similar to the new G4 iMac. It's amazing how Apple is so progressive that they could have probably released the new G4 iMac five years ago. Some fascinating designs here folks.

Comment

Sherman

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berzerkeley
Well the 25th anniversary iMac was definitely more of a hit than the 20th anniversary mac. Makes a good MP3 jukebox though, comes with a nice Bose sound system.

Comment

blogo

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2002
Originally posted by Sherman
Well the 25th anniversary iMac was definitely more of a hit than the 20th anniversary mac. Makes a good MP3 jukebox though, comes with a nice Bose sound system.
well, apple designed it as a jukebox, last time i saw one iTunes was playing. :D

Comment

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Originally posted by ftaok
Wasn't 1983 the year that Apple went public? I can't quite remember.
the lisa was introduced in 1983, maybe that's what you're thinking of? not sure if thats when they went public.

Comment

fatalerror101

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2002
San Jose
looking forword

Well we can wait till 2004 for the anniversary of The mac.
Yeah um until them i don't think we will see anything in the way of anniversaries.

PowerBook G4 1 GHz

Comment

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Originally posted by agreenster

Wow. I guess Im out of the loop. Id never heard of this computer before. And they released it in 1997? How different looking.

And Gateway totally ripped it off for their "all in one" desktop that came out years later
Why is it that all people who own macs feel anything that has a screen and speakers in one package is a ripoff of some other mac? come on people. not everything is a ripoff of your beloved iMac or 20th anniv. :rolleyes:

Comment

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Few comments on that, daniel. First, Apple has always gone back to the all-in-one design... from the lisa to the mac 128k to classic to 5400 and everything in between. Other PC makers have historically kept away from this path... Secondly, to my knowledge the TAM was the first desktop computer to incorporate a built-in LCD display (not status display like some servers have)... perhaps it's natural evolution to want to build one, perhaps the other companies took a cue from apple. either way apple did it first. :D

:)
pnw

Comment

LimeiBook86

macrumors 604
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Originally posted by MacBandit
I wonder why they aren't they doing anything for there 25th. This year.
Hee hee, (Off topic) Nice icon :D Those are girls right??? Yeah I think Apple will do something for thier 30th :D That would be cool if they gave away "gifts"

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.