200 mm wrist size and Milanese band on SS 42?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kgenova, May 16, 2015.

1. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

So, my husband is considering the SS Milanese 42, but his wrist size is 200 mm. Given that the Milanese band fits up to a 200 mm wrist, is that really going to be big enough for him?

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Should be fine, I have 190mm wrists and my loop come more than half way back around!

3. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Thanks! How tight do you wear it? Are you happy with the Milanese band? Does the magnet clasp stay put? Do you worry it might fall off?

4. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I tired the Milanese band at the Apple Store. I have approx 200mm wrist and it fit well clasp was in the center of the bottom of my wrist when closed. Magnet seems very strong and does not come off easily. I have a Milanese loop band on order with a May delivery to go with the SS BSB watch I received this week.

5. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Thanks so much for the information! How tightly were you wearing it when you tried it on? Could you slip two fingers through the band, do you think?

Kristin

6. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

My wrist measured to be about 200. I went ahead and ordered the watch and then went for the fitting. The band was a little snug going over the hand, but it rides very nicely on my wrist. The strength of the magnet is very good and I find myself maybe adjusting it maybe twice during the day.
    I find it very comfortable and after having it for nearly 3 weeks, don't really notice it on my arm.
    Still waiting for my BSB, but with the other reports of peeling, hopefully by the time they ship mine, it will be from a new & improved batch. Definitely glad I went with the Milanese first

7. Daghis macrumors member

Daghis

My wrist is 200mm and I have the 42mm Apple Watch with Milanese Loop.

I find that it fits me quite comfortably. I have plenty of loop left that I could loosen it if I needed to. I wear it a bit away from my wrist up my arm and it's fine there.

Where I wear it, I can't fit two fingers underneath unless I loosen the band, which I could do easily, but if I slide the watch down toward my wrist, then I can fit two fingers underneath.