2008 AL MBP dead to the world after battery dies

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kyantama, Dec 23, 2010.

1. kyantama macrumors newbie

hi there

having an abnormal issue with my MBP

when it fully runs down the battery and shuts itself off, the recovery time is now very long. like hours... even when the battery looks charged, pushing the power wont turn it back on

i try taking the batt and power connector out and hold power button to reset the internal thing, and have charged the snot out of it. it always randomly comes back on but in its own time, but i am talking like after many many hours.

i know the battery itself is not great, but this seems like more than that

could it be the internal battery that regulates the system and clock etc?

2. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I dont think so
    I just had my alm macbook pro battery replaced and when it fully dies/ drain
    it takes a bit to power on again.

3. kyantama thread starter macrumors newbie

now it just wont turn on.

battery is full, dbl checked terminal of magnetic power connector if there was debris,

it did have a flicker in the screen going on for a while, and i am reading that could be power inverter? could that cause entire laptop to not even turn on?

getting frustrated. want it to turn on at least once so i can copy files off before i send it in, potentially losing my hard drive

are there any other reset procedures i can do? i have done the pram - Ctl-Apl P+R, and held the power button with no batt or AC plugged in, to reset the (SMC?)

thanks -