Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Warfarin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
Does anyone have any experience running the 2008 MB on a 24" monitor? I was thinking of getting one soon and was curious as to how well it works. I've read a bit about how it works well with Hulu and videos, but I'm particuarily interested in how it plays games at 1920x1200 (I mostly play just WoW). How well can I expect the performance to be at max resolution in WoW, and if I have to downsize the resolution of games to 1200x800, will there be weird stretching or graphics problems on the monitor?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I've asked elsewhere and can't seem to find an answer.

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
Does anyone have any experience running the 2008 MB on a 24" monitor? I was thinking of getting one soon and was curious as to how well it works. I've read a bit about how it works well with Hulu and videos, but I'm particuarily interested in how it plays games at 1920x1200 (I mostly play just WoW). How well can I expect the performance to be at max resolution in WoW, and if I have to downsize the resolution of games to 1200x800, will there be weird stretching or graphics problems on the monitor?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I've asked elsewhere and can't seem to find an answer.

I have this setup but I don't play many games on it. I've played Quake Live and it performed well and looks good.

As far as HD, I tried this HD video at full screen and it looks good. I don't generally download HD content because I watch everything on an airplane on my MB or iPhone...

I also watched some HQ videos (480p) on Hulu -- they look pretty good...

The 24" LED is fantastic for daily use. It can be a bit bright early in the morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.