2008 NACOTY Awards: Chevy Malibu and Mazda CX-9 take them home.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by quagmire, Jan 13, 2008.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That Mazda looks awesome.

The Chevy Malibu looks like the Acura TL from the side, except that the Acura looks sportier and has been around a lot longer. It's probably a pretty good car, though.

3. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

my mum is thinking about getting a cx9, but she thinks it it's not big enough for her vending machine stock

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I'm glad to see that GM is finally producing high caliber vehicles. I for one will be happy to not stare at the bland AC Delco radio that every GM vehicle from 1990 - 2005 had wedged into the dashboard.

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

The Malibu doesn't look bad... as in it looks just like an Accord. Too bad Honda decided to make the new Accords look like Saturns. What the hell is going on?

It's like when Vista went aqua - I think apple felt obliged to go in another direction.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

the mazda seems alright, but i don't think i'd buy that chevy

7. AstroInfamous macrumors newbie

Malibu

'Abstract' I hope you were referring to the looks of the Malibu and not the car itself because it's been around quite a bit longer than the TL. :)
    The Malibu's an amazing car...and the CX-9 is just an obnoxious stepchild of Ford.

8. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

The new Malibu looks amazing. The interior still has a few cheap bits and pieces around, but nothing that would hinder me from getting one. Chevrolet wanted to design a car that would attract Camry and Accord buyers. Well they attracted this Camry guy, and when I consider my next new car I will look long and hard at the new Malibu. Congrats Chevy!

9. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I thought the CTS had won the NACOTY. It won something but I don't remember what it was. I knew the Malibu was a shoe in for the award.

10. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

The CTS won MotorTrends COTY. The NACOTY is voted by 49 auto journalists. The Malibu surprised me because it is the same car as the Aura( last years winner) with improvements done on the complaint areas of the Aura( mainly interior pieces). So my car won twice in a row. Not that I am not happy about it, but I thought the CTS brought more to the game then the Malibu does.