2009 Nehalem, 2 23" ACD, System preferences Color only adjusts one monitors color??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by diamondschwin, Jan 19, 2010.

1. diamondschwin macrumors member

Here is in an odd one for you guys

I have an 09 Mac Pro Nehalem, with nvida gt120 graphics card running 10.6.2 with the latest mac pro 1.4 efi and two 23 inch Apple cinema displays (the older DVI kind)

I go into system preferences>displays>color and try to adjust color on my monitors but selecting different color settings on either monitor only affects ONE monitor, the other monitor is essentially stuck at whatever color setting it is set to.

I have the color window open on either monitor, and whatever I select on either applies to one monitor only, and the other one never changes.

is this because of my mini display port adapter from monoprice.com?

this is VERY odd...

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Ok: You ARE in extended desktop mode, correct? You have the separate display prefs open on each display, correct? You SHOULD be able to set each screens profile independently. Does the stuck display's window adjust other settings, like resolution?

3. diamondschwin thread starter macrumors member

only the color settings are tied to the wrong monitor. the resolution etc. functions independently.

4. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

So you're saying when you click on Displays under Hardware, you only get one System Preferences window to appear? Odd.

5. diamondschwin thread starter macrumors member

Actually I get two. One on each monitor.

Example. I have monitor a and monitor b.

If I adjust color on monitor As preference window it adjusts color on monitor A

if I adjust color on monitor Bs preference window it adjusts color on monitor A

there is no way to adjust color on monitor B consistently, sometimes it will switch just once or twice. Then it flips back to adjusting monitor A

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Huh. I wonder if this is an issue with the ACD - I never had it with two Dell monitors.

7. ihatefanboys macrumors newbie