Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A few users who pre-ordered the Apple Watch Nike+ have begun sharing that their devices are shipping, although with the Apple storefront now offline customers can't check the specific status of their orders. Shipping mentions began earlier in the week, with more email updates being reported this morning, one day ahead of tomorrow's official launch of the Apple Watch Nike+. Orders appear to be hitting the first wave of the device's opening weekend launch countries, including users in Canada.

nikeplusapplewatch.jpg

Additionally, the companion iOS Nike+ Run Club app has been updated with a collection of features aimed at enhancing the connection between the app, Apple Watch Series 2, and watchOS 3. The app now supports the onboard GPS function of the Apple Watch, so when users go for a run without an iPhone and use the Nike+ Run Club watch app, GPS will still track the path, which will be viewable on both Apple Watch and iPhone following the workout.

New features for Apple Watch watchOS 3 users also include:
Bold display of your running metrics at a glance
Hear audio readouts right from your watch
Smart invitations to run, personalized for you
Schedule run reminders to keep you motivated
Start, Pause, Resume and End your run with Siri
Integration with Apple Music in the 5.1.0 update means that users will be able to stream their favorite playlists and artists from Apple's service directly from within Nike+ Run Club. Nike also offers up a selection of "custom playlists" that it curates in the app.

Nike+ Run Club is available to download for free from the App Store [Direct Link], and the company notes that iOS 10 is required for the new update, while watchOS 3.1 is recommended for best results when running with the Apple Watch.

Article Link: Apple Watch Nike+ Orders Now Shipping as Run Club App Updated With Series 2 GPS Support

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I would actually pay $50 for those bands. Too bad they don't sell them separately.

Reactions: xDKP

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Me too. I should have known they wouldn't sell them separately. Well, here's to hoping China can replicate them and get them on Amazon in a few weeks.

From what I hear the $20 sport bands on amazon are not the same quality. My biggest gripe with the sport band is that it doesn't let your skin breath and this not only fixes that, it brings the weight down which is perfect for fitness while looking much better.

Reactions: T_Hay2 and xDKP

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
From what I hear the $20 sport bands on amazon are not the same quality. My biggest gripe with the sport band is that it doesn't let your skin breath and this not only fixes that, it brings the weight down which is perfect for fitness while looking much better.
It looks awesome - especially in the black/lime combo

XFactorer

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Eugene
Does anyone know if we'll be able to download the Nike playlists directly to the AWN+ and run w/ just the watch and AirPods?

Fall Under Cerulean Kites

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
I received a shipping notice today. Per the tracking, it actually shipped yesterday. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

#excited #firstapplewatch #haterscangosomewhereelseandstopwastingeveryoneelsestimebecausenoonecareswhatyouthink

They'll sell a whole 200 of these. Awesome!

If I were buying an Apple watch now, that is the one I would buy. If I ever decide to upgrade my series 0, there's a pretty good chance I'll get a Nike one. I do a lot of running, I already use the Nike+ app to track my runs, and I think the bands are pretty sweet and probably fantastic for running. Maybe I'm just one of the few 200 this is geared towards.

Reactions: xDKP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.