Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Well, training camp is approaching, which means that the 2010-2011 NHL season is upon us.

Congrats again to the 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions Chicago Blackhawks....... let's see if they're able to defend their Cup without the same roster this season.

I'm really expecting much better things for my Maple Leafs. We finally have a captain since Mats Sundin left in 2008. Dion Phaneuf was named the 18th captain in franchise history. I think he's a great choice. Burke signed some new players, adding defense, toughness, and a bit of scoring. Our goaltending situation actually looks pretty damn good with Giggy and The Monster. I hope it's a good season, and I hope we can finally make it back into the playoffs this year.

I'm looking forward to a fun season and to seeing some of the regulars back in this thread. Hopefully we have some new blood in here too. But no friggin' Sens fans. I kid, I kid.:D

Also, I wish that they showed Battle of the Blades in the US.

Go Leafs Go.......:cool:

Last edited:

littleman23408

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Go Hawks! I think they will be pretty good, but will not be winning another cup this year. I think they will look very different picking up the old men from the Stars. *Edit: I'm dumb, Modano went to Detroit and Turco to Chicago; Atleast they both are red jerseys lol. I hope Chicago can still pull through even though they will look alot different this year. I think picking up Turco was not the best idea. However, I am not the GM, i am just Littleman23408 /Edit*

Speaking of the Stars (Go Stars btw), Getting rid of Modano and Turco will be a big plus, we should be good to go this season, and ready for another cup in the next couple years.

Looking forward to another exciting season and a new thread (even though I hardly posted in the last one :rolleyes:)

Go Stars!

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The Stars have a long way to go, and Nieuwendyk is far from being a proven GM, but I think he can do some good in Dallas.

If anyone's interested, TSN is doing their 30 teams in 30 days preview... you can find it here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

They've already previewed Edmonton, NY Islanders, Columbus, Florida, and Atlanta. They work their way up from the bottom.....

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Canucks blue-line went from extremely weak in the playoffs to a potential strong point with these summer transfers. Beware!

sauced

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
O Canada...
I'm just hoping the Flames make it to the playoffs this year (although if they do, they'd probably lose in the first round). Last season was just a disaster.

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
God I hope the Leafs at least make it to the playoffs this year! But it looks like they have a good chance of doing so with the new players we got. I also think that Phenuf will do all right as capitan.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I cant wait for hockey. The Bruins are hopefully gonna be good this year, hopefully Tyler Seguin will help the scoring.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hey zioxide...... why don't you and Seguin go **** yourselves. :D;):p

/too early to start the **** talk? :p

Anyone else playing NHL 2K11 on their iPhones? It's actually a pretty good game, and it takes me back to my Sega Genesis days.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Hey zioxide...... why don't you and Seguin go **** yourselves. :D;):p

/too early to start the **** talk? :p

Anyone else playing NHL 2K11 on their iPhones? It's actually a pretty good game, and it takes me back to my Sega Genesis days.

hey dont forget we get your first round pick this year too!

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I like Abstract's take on the Leafs. I can go along with that.

Do the Leafs still have Hagman?

Nope.

On January 31, 2010, Hagman was traded along with Jamal Mayers, Matt Stajan and Ian White to the Calgary Flames for Dion Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjöström and prospect Keith Aulie.

Surely

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
No, but I am thinking about it. Although I recently bought NHL 11 for the PS3. How is it?

I really like it, but I question if I would buy it at $6.99. I bought it when it was on sale for $1.99. It needs a few improvements, such as updated rosters, and then I'd say it's worth its current price. I'm currently playing a full season as the Leafs.:cool:

Islanders, baby. [/TehDonDitty] :D

That jerky can speak for himself.:D

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I predict leafs fail to make the playoffs and Toronto continues its dominance in poor performance in sports. Not a bold prediction, I know.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
^^^ What's with the troll post/chip on your shoulder? :rolleyes:

I predict that the Canucks will name their equipment manager their new captain once Luongo steps down later this week.

It's not trolling if it's likely to be true. :) I'd love to see more Canadian teams do well. If I could choose 1 Canadian team to win besides the Canucks it would be Toronto!

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
Flyers have, by far the best defense in the league right now...I hope the scoring is the same, but without Gagne, the Flyers might not have the scoring touch...But we'll see with JVR going into his second year as a pro NHLer, might be a good thing, and with the entire corps of forwards, they might be able to get back into the SCF....

I'm hopeful...

LET'S GO FLYERS!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Truth.

Jerky says that this season is going to be atrocious as it has been.

More growing pains for the Isles this year.

*breaks out the 151*

I haz avatar for you.

Attachments

7.7 KB · Views: 1,145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.