2010 15" MBP i7 2.66 Suppport Windows Vista

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wicked1, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Can this model support Vista, I see on Apple's site only the 2011 models only support Windows 7 both 64 adn 32 bit, but I do not see anything for 2010 Models?

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

3. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

There is no benefit to using Vista... Windows 7 is quantum leaps ahead of Vista, yet they are nearly the same OS.

You can always run Vista in Parallels or Fusion VM, if you really want it that bad.

Apple is just saying that they don't OFFICIALLY support Vista, meaning the drivers are written for Windows 7. However that doesn't mean it won't work, you could find drivers for Vista on the internet.

And as you said, it says nothing about the 2010 models NOT supporting Vista, so it should work. But Windows 7 is the way to go if you really want Bootcamp, IMO.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Vista sucks bad, but if you want to use it, you can, it is supported for your generation MBP.

5. ml.sail1 macrumors regular

Gee let me think about this one for a sec.... OH! Maybe he already has a valid copy of windows vista and doesn't want to spend $200 to buy Win 7. :rolleyes:

Seriously guys, instead of dissing on him, help him out.

The 2010 MBP's will support Vista yes, under SL at least, I have no experience with Lion though I wouldn't think it would change.

6. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

This is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. I use Windows at work because I have to, however I do not wish to buy anymore of Bill Gates crud, especially when I own several liceses for Windows Vista and XP and for the few times I use it, Vista Ultimate works perfect for me, only because some software I have uses Windows and there is no version for the Mac at least for now.

7. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

$200? OP previously said (in another post somewhere) that his son can get student discounts...which would make Windows 7 Pro only $29.99

8. ml.sail1 macrumors regular

OK but that would still be more money plus technically that copy of windows is only for the student and is only valid while the student remains in school, Not to mention it is only an upgrade version so that's also another technicality. Why not just answer the Q next time?

9. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

He's giving the guy options, there's more than one answer to these questions; it's up to the thread starter to decide what HIS answer is.