Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech686239

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello MR Members,

I am looking for a Monitor Arm that can hold a 2010 27" iMac. What i want to do is mount it on the desk but have it come out over the left edge of the desk and be secure. The reason I want this is because i have a gaming machine that 3 monitors on the desk and there is no room for the iMac yet i need it for everything expect gaming and would like to have everything at one desk.

Any arm suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Tech

macman34

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
I am in the market for one too, have a look at the product selector from ergotron,

http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/387/language/en-US/default.aspx

If anyone else wants to chime in with other products, I 'd love to hear about them. It seems though that these guys are probably the best at that. Strangely I thought I 'd find more manufacturers esp. for mac specific stands but it turns out there's not that many.

Tech686239

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am in the market for one too, have a look at the product selector from ergotron,

http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/387/language/en-US/default.aspx

If anyone else wants to chime in with other products, I 'd love to hear about them. It seems though that these guys are probably the best at that. Strangely I thought I 'd find more manufacturers esp. for mac specific stands but it turns out there's not that many.

I just looked at the model for my iMac. It tells me i need the MX arm. I can get it off of Amazon for about 130 bucks. The only problem is that i don't think with the MX one i can turn it enough to on the left of the desk

macman34

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
how's that arm thing working out buddy? Have you found one that meets your needs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.