2010 27" iMac Monitor Arm Suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tech686239, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Tech686239 macrumors regular

Hello MR Members,

I am looking for a Monitor Arm that can hold a 2010 27" iMac. What i want to do is mount it on the desk but have it come out over the left edge of the desk and be secure. The reason I want this is because i have a gaming machine that 3 monitors on the desk and there is no room for the iMac yet i need it for everything expect gaming and would like to have everything at one desk.

Any arm suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    Tech

2. macman34 macrumors regular

I am in the market for one too, have a look at the product selector from ergotron,

http://www.ergotron.com/tabid/387/language/en-US/default.aspx

If anyone else wants to chime in with other products, I 'd love to hear about them. It seems though that these guys are probably the best at that. Strangely I thought I 'd find more manufacturers esp. for mac specific stands but it turns out there's not that many.

3. Tech686239 thread starter macrumors regular

I just looked at the model for my iMac. It tells me i need the MX arm. I can get it off of Amazon for about 130 bucks. The only problem is that i don't think with the MX one i can turn it enough to on the left of the desk

4. Tech686239 thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody has there iMac on an arm? If you do please chime in here

5. macman34 macrumors regular

how's that arm thing working out buddy? Have you found one that meets your needs?