2010 Macbook Pro amber light turns green when I hit power but no signs of life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reussner, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Reussner macrumors newbie

I did some searching through the forums and saw some mention of my problem but no solution I could find.

After spilling water into my macbook, I took it apart and cleaned it with alcohol. The logic board looks great but will not boot. When I plug the macbook in to a power source the charger turns amber and the battery life lights begin charging. When I hit the power button the amber charge light turns green and the battery life lights no longer respond. The computer seems totally dead for maybe 10 seconds. Then the charger light goes back to amber and the battery life lights function again.

I tried a SMC reset. I also tried disconnecting the keyboard thinking maybe it was bad and starting by shorting the 5th and 6th pin on the keyboard connector but the same thing happens.

Any suggestions? Are there fuses I could check? Is there a thread that I missed that I should read? I have a volt meter and some basic soldering skills.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's where I stopped reading. After a spill, all bets are off on a full recovery without some expense, possibly high expense. It may work for a while and then die completely. It may have problems now and later work perfectly. Good luck with it!

3. Reussner thread starter macrumors newbie

In reading other threads some users had some impressive fixes. It seems there are a lot of knowledgeable people out there. Despite having spilled water into the laptop I was hoping someone had a suggestion for me. I would love to know where the fuses are located on the logic board. Anyone???