2010 max 13" MBA to 2012 13/i5/8gb/256 - no brainer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by juuuice, Jun 13, 2012.

  1. juuuice macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2010
    #1
    I have a maxed out 13" 2010 MBA and i'm overly tempted to move up to the latest MBA. Is this a no brainer upgrade?

    If the maxed out 2012 was similarly priced to what I paid for the 2010 i'd pick it up today. I don't really need 512gb and would prefer to save the 500$ it adds. The week+ delay is really whats holding me back on a BTO.
     
  2. deeddawg macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Location:
    US
    #2
    Tough to say. Maybe yes, maybe no.

    What limitations are you experiencing with the 2010 model that you feel would be solved by getting the 2012 model? What capabilities does the 2012 model have that the 2010 model doesn't which represent real value to you?

    If you're a power user who really is held back by the 2010 13" and the cost isn't a big deal to you, then it'd make sense to upgrade. Alternately if you just surf forums / facebook / email and a few hundred $$ is a LOT of money to you, then it probably doesn't make sense.

    End of the day, boils down to value of the upgrades you'll use vs. value of the money it'd cost to do the switch.
     

Share This Page