2010 MBA Owners - Now that we know the specs, are you buying the 2011 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jobsian, Jul 20, 2011.

?

2010 MBA Owners - are you buying the 2011 MBA?

  1. 11" owner, buying 11" 2011 MBA

    26.1%
  2. 11" owner, buying 13" 2011 MBA

    2.2%
  3. 11" owner, not buying 2011 MBA

    15.2%
  4. 13" owner, buying 11" 2011 MBA

    4.3%
  5. 13" owner, buying 13" 2011 MBA

    23.9%
  6. 13" owner, not buying 2011 MBA

    28.3%
  1. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

    Jobsian

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2009
  2. eayost macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2010
    #2
    I want to wait to see some actual benchmarks before deciding. It also depends what I can sell my 11in for.
     
  3. mac jones macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2006
  4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

    entatlrg

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    Location:
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
    #4
    With graphics going backwards think I'll wait to pull the trigger until there's feedback about heat and fan noise.
     
  5. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    #5
    Undecided, but considering it...I was hoping for more RAM to run ArcGIS more smoothly in vmWare, but I have a 4 GB/64GB 11in and may sell for a 4GB/128GB 11in so I can save my virtual machine on the device itself instead of carrying around a hard drive... But there's always 2012...
     
  6. alflavor macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2010
    Location:
    Whittlesey, UK
    #6
    Much as I'd love the 2011 model, am still very happy with my 2010 air, I think I'll wait for next time around! I could just get one now, but am in the market for a new iPhone whenever that drops, and some other techie stuff I want needs cash, so we can't have everything I guess!
     
  7. torbjoern macrumors 65816

    torbjoern

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    The Black Lodge
    #7
    I'll be using mine until it drops. The addition of ThunderBolt and backlit keyboard won't make any difference at all. And if I cared enough about CPU speed to let that change my decision, I wouldn't have a MacBook Air in the first place.
     
  8. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2010
    #8
    Yep! already ordered. Sold my 13" MBA last month in anticipation of upcoming refresh.
     
  9. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jobsian

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2009
    #9
    In the same boat as some of you above. Now the benchmarks are in (notably worse battery), there's no way I'm buying the 2011 Air.
     
  10. n1tut macrumors regular

    n1tut

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2010
    Location:
    Glen of Newmill, Keith, Scotland
    #10
    Very happy with my basic 11", the backlit keyboard would be useful in bed at night, but looks as if the trade off is less battery life.

    i5 would make little difference to my usage, and memory and disc size are the same. As I got £130 off the list price with the student discount, I could probably sell it without loss if I had wanted to change.

    tut
     
  11. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2011
    Location:
    NYC
  12. glen e macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2010
    Location:
    Ft Lauderdale
    #12
    4gb 128ssd off apple store..delivers tomorrow....
     
  13. mrklaw macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    #13
    seems odd to restrict your poll to 2010 owners, why would you update for basically the same but with a few tweaks and a bit quicker?

    For me, looking at a MBP 15" or a MBP 13", the improvement in speed and reassuring comments about the HD3000 pretty much cement my choice to get a 13" MBA

    Will be picking up a mini too :)
     
  14. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jobsian

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2009
    #14
    Precisely the question I'm trying to gauge :)
     
  15. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

    pgiguere1

    Joined:
    May 28, 2009
    Location:
    Montreal, Canada
    #15
    Interesting to see people switch from the 13" to the 11" but not the other way around. Looks like the form factor really matters.
     
  16. lshirase macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2008
    #16
    i will not be buying the new macbook air. i am very happy with my current air. i will wait until the air gets a noticeable battery life increase. i could care less about 2.5x faster proc speeds. its a shame that they had to sacrifice battery life for proc speed.
     
  17. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 20, 2010
    #17
    Unless that GPU gets amazing reviews somehow, which it shouldn't comparatively to the 320m, I won't be upgrading. It is just adequate enough as is, I'll wait for Ivy Bridge. Outside of that the new models are nice though.
     
  18. tigres macrumors 68040

    tigres

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    Location:
    Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
    #18
    Owning the 13" ultimate is great. Miss the BL keyboard, yes- but not worthy of the cost to upgrade some lights.

    Pass for now.
     

Share This Page