Price Advice 2010 MBP 17" with i5/8gb/128gb SSD/1TB HDD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sbddude, Aug 27, 2013.

1. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking of selling my MBP. It is in flawless condition, with upgraded RAM, SSD and HDD, original box. I have it listed on CL for $1400, is that fair?

2. mr.thedaniel macrumors regular

that seems totally reasonable, and around what it'd be going for on ebay. There's wiggle room based on ram and disk size, but that sounds about right for that configuration.

I'm going to sell a similar one soon, and am still feeling out whether I should sell it with both drives installed, or remove the hdd and replace the original optical drive. I'll have to do more selling research

3. RedCroissant Suspended

I think that's fair, but would you also be including the original Optical drive and installation media? If not, even though the SSD is in there, I would be less inclined to purchase it.

I would be more inclined to buy a Mac(especially the 17" MBP) if it had all of its original pieces intact and included. I personally would not buy a Laptop that originally had a superdrive but was then modified and one of the bonuses of the machine was no longer available.

4. sbddude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Original media - yes, but no internal superdrive. I am including an external one though.

5. RedCroissant Suspended

Depending on the external that you're including and its capabilities, that would be reasonable and the price would still make sense. What happened to the original superdrive?

6. sbddude thread starter macrumors 6502a

I sold it on ebay after I took it out.

The external one is a DVD-RW that has similar capabilities to the internal one.