2010 MR NFL Fantasy Football League (Year Two)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Allright folks back by popular demand we are going to do a second year of our MacRumors NFL fantasy football league. The following players from last year have reserved a spot in this years game.

1. mscriv (commissioner)
    2. wvuwhat
    3. maflynn
    4. fireshot91
    5. creator2456
    6. barr08
    7. rhett7660
    8. gauchogolfer

I'm waiting to hear from the 4 remaining players from last year, but I'm not going to hold their spots for long as we will need to draft soon. In fact I've already got one new person wanting to sign up so the first available spot goes to user bamaworks. If any other new players are interestd then please post your desire to play in this thread as I will take new players on a first come first serve basis. We play a 12 team league so at the most there will only be three available slots.

You can see last years thread here. We use ESPN and are an active league. Please only sign up if you intend to be active as well. I do frequent updates, we have fun posting friendly trash talking and banter into the thread, and there were quite a bit of trades last year as well. I'm excited about the season as I anticipate we will have another fun year. If you are already in the game and have not done so already then please send me a PM with your email address and some days and times regarding when would be best for you to daft. We will do our best to accomodate different time zones as much as possible.

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Can't wait for my revenge in the playoffs :cool:

-Note to mscriv-
    I'm free for the draft anytime after 2pm central as long as we can get it finished before ~10:30pm. If I remember correctly, last year's draft only took about an hour.

Here's the score of the championship game:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The overall final standings:
    [​IMG]

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

5. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Looking at those posted stats from last year reminds me how I completely dominated (1829 points scored) only to choke in the end. Oh, "the agony of defeat"! :( :p

Well two of last years players are for sure out so at this point we've got:

1. mscriv (commissioner)
    2. wvuwaht
    3. maflynn
    4. fireshot91
    5. creator2456
    6. barr08
    7. rhett7660
    8. gauchogolfer
    9. bamaworks (new player)
    10. macfan881 (new player)
    11. ? (thegoldenmackid)
    12. ? (imaketouchtheme)

I'm still waiting to hear from the last two veterans from last year about them playing. What that means to anyone who wants to play is that if they don't play then we will have two available spots so if you want to claim one of those then you need to post in here. Rember it's first come first serve.

6. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

+1 for me; what site do you guys play on? PPR league?? Either way I'm def in. :D

7. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

It might be fun to go higher than 12 teams if there is interest. The deeper the league, the more challenging it gets.

8. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Very true, but then you run into problems with making fair/balanced schedules.

9. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Allright everyone. I've activated the league from last year. It shows all of the veteran players as already joined. Please log in using your username and password from last year and confirm in this thread that you can get into the league. This applies to the following players:

1. mscriv (commissioner)
    2. wvuwhat
    3. maflynn
    4. fireshot91
    5. creator2456
    6. barr08
    7. rhett7660
    8. gauchogolfer

For you two new guys. I've sent invitations to join the league to the email addresses you provided me. Please set up an ESPN account and log into the league. Let me know if you are having any difficulties with this.

I still have not heard back from these two veterans left. One new user (nobunaga209) has claimed one of these spots in the event that a veteran doesn't want to play. This means there is only one spot remaining for anyone else who might be interested in the league. So, if you want to play then you better claim your dibbs on that last spot.

11. ? (thegoldenmackid) or nobunaga209
    12. ? (imaketouchtheme) or ???

I'm still waiting to hear about draft options from everyone. Would evening hours or a weekend be better? What time zones are we dealing with? I'm US Central Standard time.

10. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I'm usually good after 730 central time for the week weekends are usually clear for me.

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Just logged in.....

Thanks for reminding of last years defeat....ugghhhhh SOOOO FREAKING CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Edit on Draft availabilty.

Same as above, but this Saturday, Aug. 14 is an absolute no go. Will be away from a computer all day/night:confused: what will I do?

Sorry about that :D

***NOTE TO PLAYERS***
    I, creator2456 am Berlin Pretzels. I may change the name, but I like pretzels so it may stay. Will keep you informed so you know who direct trash-talk to. :cool:

13. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

If you need one more player, I'd be interested.

14. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Ok stonyc, I've got you down for dibbs on the last available spot. I'm going to give our last two veterans a few more days to tell me if they are in or not. If I don't here from them then our last two spots will be filled by nobunaga209 and stonyc. Please send me a PM with a good email address for you if you haven't done so already.

15. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Oh damn, I'd have been up for this...

If you decide to do Expansion teams, I'd like to try it :)

16. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Just had a thought. If it would be possible to get another FULL 12 Team league setup the SAME EXACT way, then each of the Champs from the two Leagues could then be compared at the end of the season to name an overall champion. Or just track stats throughout the NFL playoffs (first 2 weeks to include teams with byes) on our own.

Like I said, just a thought.

17. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Hope I make the cut!! :p

I'm available Mon - Fri anytime after 6pm CST. I will be on vacation from 8/20 - 8/27 overseas though so hopefully we can draft before...or after??

18. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

If we do it on the weekend I think Sundays are the best option as Friday nights and Saturdays tend to be busy for most folks. So I'm leaning towards either a weeknight like around 8 or 9 PM Central or a Sunday afternoon/evening.

Thoughts?

Edit: As was mentioned in another post above, last year's draft only took about an hour. The ESPN draft system is fast and smooth.

19. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

20. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

21. bamaworks macrumors 6502

I must also note that my team name this year is "Pound Town Express". Look forward to an early draft this year as it will help get my mind right for my big money league (I've won season or playoffs each year I've played).
    [​IMG]

22. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Ok, I haven't heard back from our final two veterans despite several attempts to communicate with them so I can only assume that means they don't wish to play this year. So, our league is set and the final player list is as follows:

1. mscriv (commissioner)
    2. wvuwhat
    3. maflynn
    4. fireshot91
    5. creator2456
    6. barr08
    7. rhett7660
    8. gauchogolfer
    11. nobunaga209 (new player)
    12. stonyc (new player)

I will finalize the league on ESPN and new players will be getting email invites. I'm going to ask that everyone post up in this thread to verify their intentions to be an active player. If anything has come up and you don't think you will be able to participate then please let us all know now and we'll seek out an alternate for you. This is only fun if everyone is involved.

I understand the draft can be tricky when it comes to finding a time that works for everyone, but please understand we will do our best to accomodate as many as possible. If you can't make the draft then ask a trusted friend to draft for you or use the auto draft tools to set up your preferences ahead of time. If you do end up auto drafting then please don't get upset about the outcome and decide just to let your team go unmanaged. Work the system to improve your team, pick up free agents and offer some trades. We had a great time last year because we had a high percentage of active owners participating in both the game and this thread. I do my best to post routine updates with weekly stats and fun facts to encourage player interaction.

So, let's have some fun. :)

23. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I look forward to beating you all. :p

I've probably just doomed myself to last place. Heh. ;)

24. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Can't wait for the draft!! I'm in all the way. :D