2011 macbook pro Wi-Fi issue fixed! for me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by parkm13, Apr 25, 2011.

1. parkm13 macrumors regular

i was having lots of issues with getting my macbook pro to connect and stay connected to wifi. i was use WEP and that was what was making it go bad, i just switched to WPA2 and it works great! so im not sure if thats what everyone's issue is or just mine but if your still on WEP its worth a try to change it

2. Amerabian macrumors regular

Actually, my iPhone 3gs had the same issue (I know, it's not the same chipset, etc.) and when I changed from WEP to WPA2 everything worked perfect!

3. parkm13 thread starter macrumors regular

it seems to me that just everything apple hates WEP because now my mac iphone 4 and ipad 2 all are working like they never did before!

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I believe WPA2 is superior to WEP from a security standpoint, so why not see it as a feature, not a bug/problem... ;)

5. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

not in every case. but as in the other thread, one trouble-shooting approach I strongly recommend is that people try changing their security setting.

If you're using WPA2, try WPA or WEP.

If you're using WEP, try WPA2 (AES only).

That should be the second trouble-shooting thing anyone having connection issues should do (first is rebooting the router; third is resetting the router to factory).

And as always, make sure there are no firmware updates for your router.

After all that, consider replacing the router with a newer, better one.