2011 MBP 15" with a few questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blueridge, Jul 12, 2011.

1. blueridge macrumors 6502

blueridge

Ok.. getting my first MBP today (hopefully) and I have a few questions.. first off.. I am thinking of buying the HDMI adapter.. and I have read that both audio and video pass thru it.. but my question is what the the max resolution that it will handle? also.. im used to a notebook with a dock.. will the MBP work with the screen shut while i use it with a wireless kb/mouse with the HDMI to my HDTV.. i am also interested in purchasing an applecare plan.. what is the time frame that i have before i purchase? I have read some people wait for a special deal.. etc.. i may have more questions but thats the ones on my mind right now :) just anxiously waiting for UPS today to deliver :D

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

With a full HD TV it will support full 1080p HD with sound. Simple. With a monitor use mini-DisplayPort/DisplayPort for max resolution.

3. blueridge thread starter macrumors 6502

blueridge

that was quick :) i was still adding questions lol.. thank you i figured as much but didnt know

4. mtfbwy macrumors member

The MBP will work in close lid mode. AppleCare can be purchased before the initial, first year of the warranty expires. I've gotten deal son AppleCare from Ebay vendors and http://www.lacomputercompany.com.

5. blueridge thread starter macrumors 6502

blueridge

Thanks.. :)