2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Apr 30, 2011.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The is mainly a political roast where everyone is fair game. Trump became a huge butt of jokes tonight, everyone else was laughing but him.
    It is a 40 minute clip but well worth a look. http://www.c-span.org/WHCD/
    Enjoy.

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Watching the video right now, interesting video to be honest. Pretty funny :)

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

4. 184550 Guest

Watched the live stream last night, it was pretty good. I thought Meyers bit was a little short compared to past entertainers.

Obama's birth video was pretty good. :p

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Obama and Meyer's delivered. I can't wait for Trump to respond and you know he will, in his 15 year old bully way. Can't wait to see who plays him on SNL. :D

6. 184550 Guest

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

A Trump quote from the article ...

I don't think the American people are having a good time with $5 gas. ... I was thinking to myself as they were doing this, you know, the American people are really suffering and we're all having fun at a gala.

I guess this means that as long as the American people are suffering, The Donald will be giving up on fun.

How noble of him. :rolleyes:

8. AP_piano295, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011

AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Donald trump a man of suffering and poverty.

EDIT: Comedy it's only funny when all the world's problems are solved :).

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I would think Hammond would come back to do Trump.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Trump brought it on himself. If you are going to speak in politics and make yourself look like a dumb ass expect to be made fun off. I though it was priceless.

From the speech I like the part about who can beat Obama in 2012. Obama from 2008 could bet him in 2012. Sad but true. I knew in 2008 and I knew I said it Obama could never pull of much of what he promised. It was more of the same just a different face. People who believe he could deliver everything he promised then were idiots. Mind you he was better than the other choice but that is not saying much.

11. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

Obama roasted Trump so bad. I actually laughed most of the time.

12. Thomas Veil, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'd love to know who writes Obama's material for these things. I can't believe it's the regular WH speechwriters. It's too good. Very Daily Show-like. Of course, I'm sure he's got a lot of Hollywood supporters who'd be more than glad to help him out. :D

Seth Meyers hit the right note -- funny but not as openly insulting as Stephen Colbert was a few years back. (Not that I don't think W. deserved it.) I loved Meyers' line, "Mr. President, if your hair gets any whiter the Tea Party is going to endorse it."

Edit: Did I call it, or did I call it?