2012 MBA gets pinwheel of death in Safari often

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by HarryWarden, Jun 8, 2013.

1. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

My 2012 MBA 4GB RAM will get the pinwheel of death on web pages with lots of content/pictures. I'm a big movie fan so I read a lot of sites like Deadline.com and without fail, I get the pinwheel of death every single time I visit that website unless I disable images in the Develop menu. Is there a problem with my MBA that requires a trip to the Apple Store or is this behavior just a result of the 4GB of RAM and/or something with Safari?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

How long do you get the beachball wheel? I just went to that site with Safari and the page is completely frozen for about three seconds, then it goes to the beach ball for about five seconds while the page is loading... then it finally settles down and the page is viewable and can be scrolled etc. Is that about what you are seeing?

I am on a 2012 13" MBA with 8GB memory.

It sounds like that page just has a crappy and slow layout.

3. Nee412 macrumors 6502

You should try using Safari on my 2008 MacBook. The spinning wheel of doom appears at least once every half an hour... Just because...

4. Ndynslvr macrumors newbie

5. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, that is my experience as well. Kind of glad actually that the site itself is likely the problem. Thanks for your help:)

6. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

The site loaded fine for me with no beachballs but some of the images did take a bit longer to load. I think the site is just poorly put together