2014 Midterm Election Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Oct 29, 2014.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I see a big win for Republicans.

Leading them to overplay their hand.

And losing the presidential election in 2016.

Your thoughts?

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Not confident enough to predict, but the buzz I've heard is the outcome is not certain regarding big wins.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I'm kind of beyond the whole President thing at this point. Until there's a viable third party candidate in debates, the two parties declare what issues they want to debate and what moves to the spotlight.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The GOP will lose '16 irregardless. Hillary will crush whatever sad sack palooka the Party of Stupid offers up as a sacrificial lamb.

5. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Until the GOP posts up a moderate candidate akin to Ron Paul they don't have a chance of winning enough votes to get them to the presidency.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Total agreement.

Sadly, democrats and minorities have a lack luster midterm voting record. And I don't think they even learned from last midterm results.

Hilary will be the next president, that's almost a sure thing.

7. flatfoot99 Guest

thats scarier than ebola! :eek:

8. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Hopefully Bill guides her a little.;)

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Ron Paul is nowhere close to being a moderate, he is just extreme in different ways than the mainstream GOP.

That said I think the Republicans will win the Senate, and then not be able to get themselves to work together and we will still get nothing passed.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Jeb Bush winning would be scarier than the apocalypse. I'll choose Ebola.

11. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

In 2010, the President himself admitted he got a shellacking. 2014 is lining up to be a ***** slap. I believe the Republicans will take the Senate and pick up seats in the House.

That said, unless the GOP really buckles down, passes a ton of legislation over the objections of the Democrats, even if it is vetoed by the President, they are in for a tough 2016. The seats that are up in the 2016 Senate Races don't favor the GOP.

Presidential race? I think that one is a toss up right now. But the best thing for the GOP is to have President Obama keep operating the same for the next two years.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Republicans take the Senate. The teabagging nutjobs (Cruz, Rubio, Paul, etc.) will try to repeal the ACA and impeach Obama. Two more years of nothing getting done.

13. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Yes...and through no fault of her own, Hillary will be a one term president. I just see the pendulum swinging away from Democrats during Hillary's reign.

When was the last time we had a president elected to two full terms after his predecessor of the same party?

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Probably correct. She'll be too old for a second term, America will be satisfied that they elected a woman president, and the political scene will be even more toxic than today. I'm not sure we'll see too many 2-term presidents in the future. I suspect we'll have several decades of presidential party swings. Heck, by all measure Obama should have been a one-termer. He got lucky when the GOP nominated the worst presidential candidate in American history.

15. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Lyndon B Johnson was the last president to serve two terms after a president of the same party. He took JKF's term and then was elected to one in his own right. Johnson attempted to run for a second full term but was defeated in the primary.

Harry S Truman also served two terms after a president of the same party. He took over FDR's term and was then reelected to a term in his own right. He elected not to run for a second full term.

Hillary Clinton, if elected would be the same age as Ronald Reagan when taking office.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Correct. And America will not re-elect another drooling, senile president.

17. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Personally, I don't believe that Hillary is going to run. I believe that she is going to cite age, health and family as reasons to not run. Then she will be a kingmaker rather than king. The other candidates will all be vying her her blessing and money. She is certainly in a powerful position.

There is no doubt that the presidency really ages a person. You can look at pictures of any of our recent presidents upon taking office and when leaving. The job takes a physical toll upon them.

18. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

My prediction :
    Republicans will hold a small majority in the Senate. A large majority in the House.

The President will buy extra pens for vetoes.

Nobody will get confirmed for anything.

It will be two years of nothing happening.

The Democrats will take back over in 2016.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Pretty sad that the EU is more functional than this.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I wish I could believe that. However, I'd bet a bag of money that she runs. She is an angry woman who sees the Oval Office as the only remedy to a lifetime of humiliation and thwarted ambition. She will run and if she runs, she wins.

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I don't see how you can realistically come up with this description of her personality.

22. flatfoot99 Guest

unfortunately I agree...

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I believe that the Republicans holding the House and Senate, will bring many bills to the floor. Especially budget bills. The Democrats will be put in a position of having to vote against paying for things because they want more of this or that or just don't want to vote for a Republican bill. Then Obama will veto it. This could reverse that "Party of No" argument.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That would at least be progress.

25. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan