2015 13" rMBP with 10.11.3 - slow to delete or create folders/files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gwendolini, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

2. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

I'd try disabling Spotlight (at least temporarily) to see if that changes anything.

or

Try creating a new "temporary" account, log into it, and see if the behavior persists.
    Does it?

3. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

The behaviour does not persist in the new test account (admin). When I set this MBP up I did not import anything from another Mac, I only connected it to my iCloud account, thus no old settings should have been imported.

I added the Desktop to the Privacy tab in Spotlight preferences, it didn't help.

Now that we established it to be account specific, what should I do? Create a new account and start setting up everything again?
    Can I have two accounts on the Mac connected to the same iCloud account to see if that is the problem?

4. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Got rid of the problem by doing what everyone has to do, deleting the original account after a backup and re-importing it with the Migration Assistant, which did not get rid of the CCC scheduler, thus the backup was a bit compromised and a lot had to be done by hand again. I like Windows very much.