2016: Obama's America

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dime21, Aug 22, 2012.

1. dime21 macrumors 6502

2016themovie.com

http://youtu.be/hfLsSg9wZlE

Has anyone seen this movie yet? What did you think of it? According to the theater list on the web site, it isn't playing in my state until August 24th.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nope- don't care to either. I also didn't bother with that stupid Oliver Stone movie about Bush. These kinds of things are one person's opinion.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Looks to be totally missable garbage from a reactionary hack. No surprises there, I think.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I would, but "Paint Drying" is premiering at my local Home Depot tonight and that looks to be more entertaining.

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I'm more interested in getting to the bottom of this Yahoo! conspiracy than watching the movie. (Foxnews alert)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ica-unavailable-on-top-movie-listing-website/

6. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

I also saw the theatre marquee for a movie more entertaining than "2016: Obama's America":

It was "Closed For Remodeling."

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I saw that and it was great. Wait until you see the sequel, Paint Chips. Friggin' awesome.

8. AhmedFaisal Guest

I heard the Spin-Off, Wallpapering was amazing...

9. tninety macrumors regular

Rather saw off my head :cool:

10. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Hell, I'd rather watch SAW. What are they on now, SAW 12?

11. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Yeah, and the third one, "Touch Up". That was a bit racy for me.

12. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Wallpapering was just too Hollywood and action packed for me. It lacked the subtle nuances of the other films. For me, the best of the series was the prequel, Fading Paint Colors. Just tell me you didn't cry watching that bright blue turn a lighter shade.

13. dime21 thread starter macrumors 6502

The guy who made Schindler's List is a "reactionary hack"? :confused:

I appreciate the "review" though, despite the fact that you haven't even seen it. :rolleyes:

14. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

And we appreciate you defending the credibility and integrity of a movie you can't find a showtime for. ;)

Does one need to actually watch Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus to suspect that it's probably a bad film?

15. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

16. AhmedFaisal Guest

dime, dime, dime.... Dinesh D'Souza, the director, is a rightwing nutjob that had nothing to do with Schindler's List... Gerald Molen, the producer, was a "co" producer of Schindler's List and as such had very little to do with the creative process of the film (that being Schindler's List). And as many a Hollywood producer can attest, most movies are mediocre ****, only a few stand out, and that's what you are remembered for.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think he was referring to Dinesh D'Souza, who I'm sure we can all agree is a hack and is hysterial on Rules of Engagement

[​IMG]

18. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Judging from that trailer (and yes I think one can easily judge the whole movie from it) it's 100% fabricated propaganda.

And no I hadn't to watch "loose change" to know that the 911-truthers are bunch of lunatics either, and that Obama-movie is just as plausible.....

19. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Spielberg had a slightly larger role in making Schindler's List the movie that it was than Molen did.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That guy didn't "make" Schindlers List. He was one of many producers.

Know what a producer does ?

Basically pays for it.

The guy is out to make money. Period.

Now he's out to make money from gullible people.

21. niuniu, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012

niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    We should script a mockumentary for Romney. It could start with a womaniser telling stories to gullible townsfolk about magic glasses and end up with Romney getting his own planet. Throw in some slavery, polygamy, bullying a guy he thought was gay and sacking Americans and sending their job overseas.

Add a theory that Romney has a twin brother which would explain why he is perceived to flip-flop on nearly every issue he talks on and a treasure hunt for the tax returns.

Comedy Gold.

Actually no, that's not a mockumentary. That would be the reality facing America.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Thanks for sharing the trailer. I have a couple of comments ...

1. Even when I was much younger, I understood that the U.S. consumption of resources was morally unsustainable, and I thought that at some point we'd have to "downsize" as a nation in order to more equitably share the world's resources.

2. The trailer presents the alternative to "downsizing America" with a strange concept that growing America equals growing liberty. I believe to two do not go hand-in-hand. IMO, it presents a false dichotomy.

23. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'd tweak that to say he convinces other people to pay for it. As the saying goes, wanna know how to make a million dollars in Hollywood? Start out with two million dollars.