2016 Presidential Debates: Second Debate

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Sunday night, 9 October at 9pm Eastern, at Washington University in St. Louis – famous for its Gateway Arch – Hillary Clinton (D) v. Donald Trump (R) meet for the second (top of the ticket) presidential debate.

The format is 'town hall', with candidates seated on stools and free to walk around to field questions from undecided voters and from moderators Martha Raddatz and Anderson Cooper.

It's fair to say that the events of the past week and especially those of the past 24 hours may significantly increase the size of the TV audience. </understatement>

Please proceed, Governor.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
I'm not gonna watch it. I have a pretty good idea how it's going to go down.

And I do mean down.

Thanks BV for the thread. Good to see you wondering the halls here.

Reactions: LizKat

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Oh, the issues I hope people bring up! Hopefully it's not scripted, this is not an episode of Garry Shandling's show.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
I'm not gonna watch it. I have a pretty good idea how it's going to go down.

And I do mean down.

Thanks BV for the thread. Good to see you wondering the halls here.
I'm a bit torn. I didn't watch the first debate, but this one might just be too much to pass up.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
He is going to get his guts ripped out and flung around by the audience. No way his temperament will work with the bloodlust women have for him. It will make great entertainment.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
You hit the nail on the head. It's about entertainment.

I prefer substantive answers not one-liners.
And that's why it won't be worth watching. If anything substantive comes out of it I can go back and watch the recording, but somehow I expect it to end up about like the primary debate when Trump was talking about the size of certain parts of his anatomy. And that's my expectations for the best case scenario, at worst we might find out what's a few stories below rock bottom in debates.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
I think it will be worth watching to see how both candidates interact with each other, how Trump will act and to see if will he apologize again, and also to see what questions the audience ask.

Reactions: macgeek88

ericgtr12

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2015
I bet this one gets an even larger audience than the last one, which was 84 million viewers.
I wasn't going to watch this one because I caught the first one but there's no way I would miss it now. If the ****'s going to hit the fan we may as well watch it fly.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
I wasn't going to watch this one because I caught the first one but there's no way I would miss it now. If the ****'s going to hit the fan we may as well watch it fly.
same. i was planning on skipping this one but now..

Jess13

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Today’s the day. Trump is going to receive major bitch-slapping. I don’t think he’s smart enough to triumph over Hillary in tonight’s debate, with the recent ammo she has at her disposal. I’ll watch Twitter, possibly watch highlights and intermittent parts. **** Hillary and **** Trump, **** them both. They’re both trash. Gong/Show 2016.

m.png

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
You can be sure Hilary is going to have another Miss Universe type issue to throw at him. He will take the bait again and will be more unhinged for the next week.

Reactions: APlotdevice

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I'm usually into the NFL game at that time on Sunday but aah yeah, Hell will have ice cubes laying around if I miss this.