2016 US Election: Super Saturday/Sunday

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nfl46, Mar 5, 2016.

1. nfl46, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

nfl46 macrumors 603

2016 SUPER SATURDAY WINNERS:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Democrats
    Hillary Clinton: [1 WIN] Louisiana
    Bernie Sanders: [3 WINS] Kansas, Nebraska, Maine [March 6th]
    Republicans
    Ted Cruz: [2 WINS] Kansas, Maine
    Donald Trump: [2 WINS] Kentucky, Louisiana
    Marco Rubio: [1 WIN] Puerto Rico [March 6th]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today the following states will be voting:

Republicans
    Kansas (40 delegates)
    Louisiana (46 delegates)
    Kentucky (46 delegates)
    Maine (23 delegates)

Sunday, March 6th:
    Puerto Rico (

Total = 155 delegates

Democrats
    Louisiana (51 delegates)
    Nebraska (25 delegates)
    Kansas (33 delegates)

Sunday, March 6th:
    Maine (25 delegates)

Total = 134 delegates

On the Democrat side, I expect Hillary to only take Louisiana and Bernie will take the other three states. However, it may be close in Kansas. I hope she can win Kansas, though.

The Republicans race may be close. Trump will take LA, though. I'll give him Nebraska and Maine as well. Cruz will probably win Kansas.

2. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I hope that Cruz wins all the states.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Kansas (40 delegates)
    Louisiana (46 delegates)
    Kentucky (46 delegates)
    Maine (23 delegates)
    = Trump Country.

4. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I don't. Son of a cuban immigrant oil tycoon born in Canada with connections to Bush, rather not go with the tea party turnback who claims *liberty* out of one side of his mouth, then speaks neocon out of the other side.

Besides with possible cases against him concerning eligibility - as in naturalized vs natural born, the dems could launch a case of their own to help Hillary win by default if Cruz is found inelligible.

5. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Cruz is winning in Kansas and Maine right now. But it's still early.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He's the only candidate worse than Trump. I don't mind him taking votes away from Trump as that's probably our best shot at a brokered convention where we can get someone sane, but it is still scary that a large number of people in this country will vote for Trump or Cruz.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Everyone thinks Cruz is a ****. He'd be the worst.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Well he might make it easier for the Democrats. Cruz is the candidate that will get me to vote for Clinton. If it's Clinton vs. Trump I'll vote third party.

9. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I bet there will be anomalies at the ballot boxes, the results so far do not match any poll. Texas ballot vote change anomalies over 1000 complaints so far, MSM blackout.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Polls can be wrong. They were in Poland and they were in the UK.

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

But it's much more fun to believe in conspiracies....

12. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

CNN and others have called Kansas for Cruz who's leading by more than 25% of the vote with a little more than 60% of the vote counted

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I really hope that he only won because a lot of Rubio and Kasich supporters went with him in Kansas since he was in the best position to beat Trump.

14. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

BREAKING NEWS: [Republicans]
    TED CRUZ wins: Kansas

15. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

It's more fun to be a Bush slogan sheep sometimes too.

16. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

According to CNN, Bernie may take 3 out of 4 states this weekend, but Hillary will walk away this weekend having gained more delegates. Of course, all of this could change.

17. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Cruz is leading in Maine too. Not a lot of results in but fivethirtyeight is pointing to website decisiondeskhq which is saying that with 27% of the vote counted, Cruz is in front at 44.3% while Trump's second with 33.6%

18. 63dot, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016

63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Kentucky and Kansas are Cruz, most likely.

I am not a fan of any of them, especially Cruz and Trump but Trump was up by nearly 35% percent lead in some polls over Cruz in Kansas, a key battleground state for republicans. What happened to Trump?

Was it the debate and Cruz out-trumping Trump, or Mitt Romney, or both?

GOP is so weird.

The Midwest is supposed to be all Trump since evangelicals are not as strong there. Farming and manufacturing Midwestern states are supposed to go to Trump, with a couple going to Kasich but Midwesterners absolutely and unequivocally hate Cruz.

I think the GOP establishment could have succeeded but then again, hate to say it, they could be doing some dirty math and I am sure Trump, as well as Cruz haters, will seriously question this. I have no dog in this fight but I am questioning the huge victory for Lying Ted Cruz in Kansas.

With 95% percent in for this most key state of Kansas, Cruz more than doubles Trump 48-23. Not only being a predictor of both traditional central Midwest and upper Midwest, it also goes with mountain states all the way up to the West Coast. Ohio is a tie breaker and Florida has aspect of East Coast and Gulf States but for GOP Kansas is THE prize next to Texas and California.

I don't know about being back by so much in a state that hates you in the polls and suddenly finishing this well, but what is going on?

The Trump supporters know what I am talking about. I think the GOP establishment is all about rigging elections and the accusations of liberals and some moderates over how Florida came down in the 2000 election about it being suspect is the same way Kansas ended up today.

BTW, when the GOP establishment stole it from Al Gore, who was thousands of votes ahead in polls in Florida in 2000, Jeb Bush was Governor of Florida which conveniently came up for George W Bush giving him the election over Democrat Al Gore. Jeb said he would leave Florida so nobody would be suspicious but his female colleague, close friends of Bush family, was left to head the results for Florida in 2000. My guess is the same people who fixed Florida sixteen years ago fixed Kansas today!

19. thewap, Mar 5, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Odd that CNN just cut off Bernie's speech when he started talking about the system being rigged... lol

What would be interesting is to have Trump and Bernie run on the same ticket..make the establishment's head's explode.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2016 ---
    The Trump supporters know what I am talking about. I think the GOP establishment is all about rigging elections and the accusations of liberals and some moderates over how Florida came down in the 2000 election about it being suspect is the same way Kansas ended up today.

BTW, when the GOP establishment stole it from Al Gore, who was thousands of votes ahead in polls in Florida in 2000, Jeb Bush was Governor of Florida which conveniently came up for George W Bush giving him the election over Democrat Al Gore. Jeb said he would leave Florida so nobody would be suspicious but his female colleague, close friends of Bush family, was left to head the results for Florida in 2000. My guess is the same people who fixed Florida sixteen years ago fixed Kansas today![/QUOTE]

FLA is probably going to be a mess with claims of rigged machines - it is Bush country.

20. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

BREAKING NEWS: [Democrats]
    BERNIE SANDERS wins: Kansas

21. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Yes.
    Excellent. The most key strategic state outside of NY, Texas, and California.

22. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

BREAKING NEWS: [Republicans]
    TED CRUZ wins: Maine
    BREAKING NEWS: [Democrats]
    BERNIE SANDERS wins: Nebraska

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

24. 63dot, Mar 5, 2016

63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Actually, he's only projected to win and only 36% percent is in. Get you damn facts straight.

Kansas and Maine have 100% percent in and those two were won by Cruz.

I am a Bernie guy so I have no dog in this fight.

Update: While Trump was winning in Louisiana with a 2 to 1 margin over Lying Ted (I love that name :) ) now it's 40% percent in and it's 43 Trump to 35 Cruz. Kentucky (35-31 Trump lead) is too close to call a winner.