2016 US ELECTION: SUPER TUESDAY!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nfl46, Mar 1, 2016.

?

Who will win Super Tuesday?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2016.
  1. Clinton and Trump

87.8%
  2. Sanders and Trump

9.8%
  3. Clinton and Cruz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Clinton and Rubio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sanders and Cruz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sanders and Rubio

2.4%
  1. nfl46, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

nfl46 macrumors 603

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 SUPER TUESDAY WINNERS:
    Democrats
    Hillary Clinton [8 WINS]: Georgia, Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee, American Samoa, Arkansas, Texas, Massachusetts
    Bernie Sanders [4 WINS]: Vermont, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Colorado

Republicans
    Donald Trump [7 WINS]: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Massachusetts, Virginia, Arkansas, Vermont
    Ted Cruz [3 WINS]: Texas, Oklahoma, Alaska
    Marco Rubio [1 WIN]: Minnesota

HERE ARE THE DELEGATE RESULTS AFTER SUPER TUESDAY:

Democrats [need 2,383 to win]
    WITHOUT SUPER DELEGATES:
    HILLARY CLINTON: 595
    BERNIE SANDERS: 405

WITH SUPER DELEGATES:
    HILLARY CLINTON: 1,052
    BERNIE SANDERS: 427

Republicans [need 1,237 to win]
    DONALD TRUMP: 319
    TED CRUZ: 226
    MARCO RUBIO: 110

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably no clear winner. Cruz will most likely be finished, but Rubio will probably be in an OK position still, and Trump will keep going with his 1/3rd or so of the vote.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't see Rubio picking up many delegates tonight. Texas has a 20% threshold and Rubio is well under that so he get nothing from the most delegate rich state being contested today. Not to mention Rubio still hasn't won a state.

I think there will be lots of pressure on Rubio to withdraw after tonight. He is going to be way behind in delegates and with the winner-take-all states coming up I just don't see how he can win the nomination.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

With the exception of Texas it looks like in all the states that have had much recent polling Rubio is in second. Some of the states haven't had a lot of polling, and/or the polls available are fairly old, and those are the only areas that Cruz seems to be doing well, but who knows how accurate they are. I may have gone a bit far with saying that Cruz will be finished, but if he can't win outside his home state it is looking very bad for him to have any reasonable path to the nomination. Rubio won't have a good one either, but if he can at least come in second in most states he is positioned to say that he is the best alternative to Trump, and Cruz should drop out to consolidate support around him.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/march1GOP.html

Since I hate all three of the top GOP candidates I hope the outcome is a halfway even splitting of the votes to set us up for a brokered convention where someone better can be brought in.

5. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

This is the only reason why I think Kasich sticks around. He's waiting to see how he does in the midwest hoping that somehow both Cruz and Rubio start to sink and he becomes the Trump alternative at a brokered convention. I'm not sure this will happen, but I'm sure that's what his campaign is thinking.

6. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

It'd be interesting to see if Carson drops out by the end of Saturday nights voting. I don't know, I think he's still doing his book tour?

The night of March 15th will be interesting for both the Democrats and Republicans. It will be the night Ohio (Kasich) and Florida (Rubio) votes. If neither of them win their states, I expect them to drop out the following week...especially if those two under perform today.

My picks for the last two standing for each party would be:

Hillary vs Bernie --- obviously.
    Trump vs Cruz

7. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

For this poll, you should have included Cruz and Rubio so we can see what our members think of their chances, but it's too late now...:p

8. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

I can still add them.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2016 ---
    Poll has been updated to include Cruz and Rubio.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, seems today I decide between BS or Trump, Hillary will never get my vote

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think Kasich has any illusions that he can win the election outright, but if he doesn't run out of money, picks up a few delegates today, and does well in the midwest he has a decent chance at a brokered convention which gets increasingly likely the longer three or more candidates stay in the race.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2016 ---
    I thought you were from California, in which case you don't get a say until it's almost over.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I can still dream :p

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Man look at that democracy at work on the democratic side. Gotta love the superdelegate's sticking it in Bernie's ass.

13. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

upload_2016-3-1_11-48-33.png

LOL! You see that seal on the left...that's your 44th and future 45th! She will be the most powerful person in the WORLD in less than a year.

14. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

What a depressing picture, and depressing future.

15. jkcerda, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

16. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

upload_2016-3-1_11-53-54.png

What about that one? Lol.

Okay, I'll stop.

17. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I just vomited all over my keyboard. I'll be offline for a while to clean it up.

18. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Lmao! Sorry.

7 HOURS left until the first results come through! I can't wait to see the REAL results.

7:00 PM (Eastern): Georgia, Vermont and Virginia.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Just curious, would you actually vote for Sanders for president?

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

said it a few times, YES.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

While I agree I guess I am somewhat surprised. Some of his views don't exactly fit with yours. Well one big view...

22. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Clinton will take a commanding lead, if not seal it. March 15th, the democratic primary will be over.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And when Trump wins the nomination the country's implosion begins. Maybe we need to hit rock bottom for people to wake up.

24. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I don't understand what the hell is going on.

Democrats are picking a candidate who is a hawkish neo-con with a foreign policy record that closely matches George W. Bush's policy almost to a tee, a reformist who helped dismantle welfare at the Federal level, and a Wall Street 1 percenter's friend whose influence helped to destroy Glass-Steagall which then lead to the investment crisis and near economic collapse of the world. These are supposed to be some of the most important principles on the left, are they suddenly okay because the person is a woman and has a (D) label next to her name? Did you forget why you rejected her 8 years ago?

Republicans are picking an egotistical d-bag who has repeated attacked their own party. His left hand will tell you he wants to ban assault weapons and increase gun waiting periods, while his right hand will tell he everyone should have a concealed weapon permit and that he'll overturn Obama's gun-related executive orders. In fact, pick any topic and he's been on both sides. Nobody actually knows what he stands for because he switches his stance on important topics on a weekly basis; because he has significantly supported both parties; because he has specifically stated he'd help Hillary get into office; and because as an outsider he has no public voting record to prove where he stands on anything. He has also suggested many solutions that are obvious violations of the Constitution--something conservatives are supposed to be, well, super conservative about.

WTF are you people doing? It was entertaining up until about 4 months ago, but it's not funny any more. Please stop!