Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming watchOS 3.1.1 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the third watchOS 3.1.1 beta and a month after releasing watchOS 3.1, the first update to the watchOS 3 operating system.

watchOS 3.1.1 can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone. watchOS 3.1.1 requires an iPhone running iOS 10 to install.

watch-3.1.1-Beta--800x500.jpg

As a minor 3.1.x update, watchOS 3.1.1 seems to focus on under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements, with no outward-facing changes discovered in the first three watchOS 3.1.1 betas. We'll update this post should any new features be discovered in the fourth watchOS 3.1.1 beta.

watchOS 3 completely overhauls the interface on the Apple Watch, introducing a dedicated app dock, instant launch apps, new watch faces, and new complication options. There are new Activity sharing features, a "Breathe" app guides users through deep breathing sessions to cut down on stress, and an SOS feature can automatically call emergency service.

For more details on what's new in watchOS 3, make sure to check out our watchOS 3 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of watchOS 3.1.1 to Developers

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I only want Apple to do one thing: And that is fix the freaking consistency of unlocking my Mac with the Watch. When it works? Great! How often does it work? Half the time!

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
I only want Apple to do one thing: And that is fix the freaking consistency of unlocking my Mac with the Watch. When it works? Great! How often does it work? Half the time!

I'm on 3.1 but macOS 10.12.2 public beta and it seems to have fixed it, its working 100% so far for me on my rMBP Mid-2014 15".

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Hopefully it stabilizes the random restarts which take longer than my iPhone restart.

Cam Johnson

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
UT
Anyone else seeing improved battery life? Installed on my 1st Gen 42mm Apple Watch Sport around 2 PM, and now 6 hours later it's still sitting at 85%. Usually after 6 hours the battery is down to about 75%, so it could be a fluke, but I am not sure. Hence my asking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.