2020 Democratic Policies Would Send Taxpayers a $68 Trillion+ Bill

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/2020-democratic-policies-would-send-taxpayers-a-68-trillion-bill/?fbclid=IwAR2c-EhnUFIYClwXkiNXyG-PaRs969L0G7tzC2I1yx9iSqgPLUMDuziibzs
On Thursday, top Democratic candidates officially took the stage, prepared to fight for the Presidential Democratic nomination. The front-runner, former Vice President Joe Biden sparred with candidates Sen. Bernie Sanders, Businessman Andrew Yang, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Kamala Harris, and others

GUESS I missed the clown show

Reactions: raqball

hawkeye_a

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2016
These people are idiots. There is no way to instill a single one of their programs without a major tax increase on everyone making 60K and over and the graduating it till you hit a 95% rate on incomes over 500K.
I propose imposing said additional taxes on the politicians and voters who support said policies. They can enjoy the benefits of said policies and pay the costs themselves.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Seems to me every penny of tax increase should first be allocated and blamed on the republicans who created the massive debts we are dealing with. Once those are paid for, then the Democrats should be given free reign to spend just like the republicans did without paying for it.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Seems to me every penny of tax increase should first be allocated and blamed on the republicans who created the massive debts we are dealing with. Once those are paid for, then the Democrats should be given free reign to spend just like the republicans did without paying for it.
Medicare for all constitutes a 257% spending increase over current Medicare spending and will nearly double Federal total spending. Talk to me when the right does such a thing.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
Anyone who raises red flags regarding the increased costs of Medicare for all while ignoring the more than offsetting savings in private health insurance premiums is being fundamentally dishonest.
It’s not fundamentally dishonest. It’s willfully. Find the facts that support your narrative and ignore all the ones that don’t or call them propaganda. Only your truth isn’t propaganda.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Remember all the right's constant objections to increased military spending? Me neither.
Remind me again when military spending approached anywhere close to what the left wants to spend on Medicare for all, jobs for all, and college for all, wiping all student loan debt out completely? Not to mention the green new deal and slavery reparations. Lets not compare a pea to a dump truck. A 250% spending increase to cover one of those programs, but remember that time a Republican congressman got 750K to study cow manure in Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProTruckDriver

BaldiMac

macrumors 604
Jan 24, 2008
Remind me again when military spending approached anywhere close to what the left wants to spend on Medicare for all, jobs for all, and college for all, wiping all student loan debt out completely? Not to mention the green new deal and slavery reparations. Lets not compare a pea to a dump truck. A 250% spending increase to cover one of those programs, but remember that time a Republican congressman got 750K to study cow manure in Iowa.
Seems ominous when you only look at the possible expense.

But when you consider that universal healthcare would reduce the overall cost of health care, loan forgiveness is a one time bill, jobs programs could reasonably pay for themselves, and the alternative costs to ignoring climate change are potentially catastrophic, then you can have a reasonable discussion.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Another old tactic of the GOP. Continue to let the wealthiest individuals and corporations use every law, haven, loophole, lobbyist and paid-for politician to let them keep every last cent, then scare individuals and turn them against them each other while they continue to amass more and more wealth.

Chew Toy McCoy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
I replied to your post about Medicare for all. You didn’t mention the entire far left agenda that not everybody on the left agrees with.

glindon

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
Seems ominous when you only look at the possible expense.

But when you consider that universal healthcare would reduce the overall cost of health care, loan forgiveness is a one time bill, jobs programs could reasonably pay for themselves, and the alternative costs to ignoring climate change are potentially catastrophic, then you can have a reasonable discussion.
Has Medicare reduced healthcare cost for seniors? Not one bit. Just look what government backed loans did to the price of college. Government paying for everything means increased costs. And then you have them saying that they’re going to pay for illegal alien healthcare. Expect millions of people to flood in and demand their free healthcare. We won’t have enough doctors to handle all people, let alone pay for all of it.

Let’s say the US completely gets off oil and goes to nuclear and renewables. What about China and India, the two largest polluters?

Loan forgiveness is a college university bailout. Most college students come from upper class and the rich. So now all the lower, middle class and the poor who never could afford college get to pay for someone else’s college. Steal from the poor, give to the rich. Honestly we should be taking college endowments to pay off these loans. Even better if the government stopped backing college loans all together.

Reactions: hawkeye_a

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
Anyone who raises red flags regarding the increased costs of Medicare for all while ignoring the more than offsetting savings in private health insurance premiums is being fundamentally dishonest.
I'm not ignoring them, just trying to figure out how to reconcile them. On one hand it is large corporations paying the majority of those premiums. But that will shift to the taxpayer paying them.

Just not sure how the mechanics of that will work. And I would like to see just how much is paid in HC insurance premiums in totality.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2016
Just look what government backed loans did to the price of college.
A classic example of "good intentions"(from the naive "left") leading to horrendous outcomes. Who'd have thunk that increasing the supply of money(by ways of guarantees) in one industry would have had an adverse effect on prices, right?

Thanks Carter./s

"That would *never* happen in any other industry"(like healthcare).... say those who believe in fairy-tales .

Reactions: glindon

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm not ignoring them, just trying to figure out how to reconcile them. On one hand it is large corporations paying the majority of those premiums. But that will shift to the taxpayer paying them.

Just not sure how the mechanics of that will work. And I would like to see just how much is paid in HC insurance premiums in totality.
There is no reason that the costs of Medicare for all would have to be recovered entirely from individual taxpayers. A share comparable to what corporations are paying now in premiums could be collected through corporate taxes.

Reactions: BaldiMac

glindon

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
There is no reason that the costs of Medicare for all would have to be recovered entirely from individual taxpayers. A share comparable to what corporations are paying now in premiums could be collected through corporate taxes.
Corporations deduct the premiums so they don’t really pay for it per se. What your suggesting is that corporations pay but without the tax break. This is a sure fire way for corporations to layoff employees, reduce spending, or raise consumer prices to compensate.

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
Corporations deduct the premiums so they don’t really pay for it per se.
"deducting" means it's not counted as profit and therefore not taxed, original bill still has to be paid.

If they don't have to pay it they will still have higher net profits after being taxed and if the extra "Medicare-tax" comes out at the same amount it will be 0-sum game for the company.