Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

2021 Chrysler Pacifica Features Largest-in-Class 10.1-Inch Touchscreen With Wireless CarPlay

FlyBry

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2017
Chrysler has really gotten better in the last couple of years. Look up the reviews on the Pacifica and you'll be surprised.
The quality has improved. What has not improved is FCA's customer service. I've had several unpleasant dealings with their corporate offices over defects in my former vehicle. I'll probably never buy another Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM.

Reactions: TheSkywalker77
Comment

bommai

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2003
Melbourne, FL
God damn that’s an ugly interior. Who buys this ?
What’s ugly about it? I recently rented it for a long trip and while I did not like the handling of it compared to my Honda Odyssey, I thought the interior was quite nice.
[automerge]1581161717[/automerge]
I've rented this generation Chrysler minivan a few times for family trips, and they are incredibly useful. If you're looking for utility and space for luggage/etc it doesn't get much better. Nice and quiet and smooth for long highway trips. You can put an amazing amount of stuff behind the third row.

I could see myself picking one up when the family SUV finally dies. I have other cars for when I want a fun ride, but for sheer practicality this can't be beat.
I rented one in December and found the space for cargo to be slightly smaller than my odyssey. I don’t have the measurements but it felt that way. I also did not like the handling at high speeds. While it had power, the steering control was imprecise. My 2002 odyssey which I still drive has great control and cargo room.

Comment

Colonel Blimp

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2016
I just wonder how big these screens will eventually become? I fear they'll get too distracting for the driver.
All these screens are far too tiny. I’m not buying any CarPlay touchscreen until it covers the entire windshield, with a small picture-in-picture window connected to a forward-mounted camera to show the traffic ahead.

Oh, and CarPlay has to be updated to let me play racing games while I drive.

Comment

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
The car OS is Android. (For those that didn’t read the linked press release).

It is unclear if this is the first car released with Android Automotive OS skinned by Fiat Chrysler or if it’s some proprietary system. (Ignoring the name of it as I can’t imagine they would accurately reflect the OS with the name.)

Comment

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
Yes.

And yet their hybrid motor still uses more gas than the average European gas car. The future isn't hybrid - the future is electric. Hybrid is the worst of both: still guzzling fuel while at the same time having the same CO2 footprint from battery production as an electric car.

Comment

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
What’s ugly about it? I recently rented it for a long trip and while I did not like the handling of it compared to my Honda Odyssey, I thought the interior was quite nice.
[automerge]1581161717[/automerge]

How about all those weird trapezoid shapes that don't really go well together? How about all that weird plasticky-looking chrome / faux metal? Just compare it to the Honda E, which is just much sleeker, much cleaner, much less cluttery

Comment

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
Not sure what car you are looking at but uconnect on my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk is a piece of crap. Slow to load anything, XM radio works like 50% of the time, and their OTA updates always introduce more bugs than fixes.
Then you should take it to the dealer, we have a Cherokee Overland its stellar in perfomance as is our Grand Cherokee High Altitude. My previous BMW with iDrive had a beautiful screen but not nearly as quick or intuitive as the Uconnect system. Never a problem with XM or updates.

Comment

TishTash

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Yes, faux wood paneling is so much more elegant. 🙄

How about all those weird trapezoid shapes that don't really go well together? How about all that weird plasticky-looking chrome / faux metal? Just compare it to the Honda E, which is just much sleeker, much cleaner, much less cluttery

Comment

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I see how it’s more convenient, but what exactly is THAT much more awful about plugging a cable in?
I don’t wanna have to pull my phone out of my pocket, open my glove box, plug it in, find somewhere to set it down and then sit down in my car when I could just leave my phone in my pocket and go somewhere.

Reactions: BlankStar
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.