Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After going up for order on Tuesday, Apple's AirPods have now been marked as "shipped" for the first wave of customers who were lucky enough to order their pair before delivery estimates slipped to four weeks, and then six weeks. Many users in the United States, Australia, Canada, Europe, and elsewhere have taken to Twitter and Reddit to share that their AirPods shipments are on the way.

airpods-shipments-us-800x425.jpg

Delivery dates still vary slightly among customers, but the average estimates suggest deliveries on either December 20 or December 21. AirPods launched in more than 100 countries around the world, and a few areas in Europe and Australia saw slightly earlier delivery dates for the wireless headphones than those given to U.S. customers, with some as soon as Monday, December 19. Australia customers specifically reported shipping status updates earlier in the week.

For anyone who missed out on the first run of orders, Apple will begin selling the AirPods in its retail stores Monday morning. Some of the company's authorized resellers and a few carrier stores will also be receiving AirPods stock next week. Given how fast they sold out online, the supply of AirPods in retail locations is also expected to be limited. Nevertheless, in the press release on Tuesday, Apple said that its retail locations will receive "regular AirPods shipments" going forward.

Article Link: AirPods Now Shipping to Customers Around the World

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
So what do you reckon the chance of these being in my local Apple Store in Kingston, Uk on Monday?
ezgif.com-dc0eeeb6cf.gif

Seriously though, analysing what Apple said: "Stores will receive regular shipments", is precisely the same as what they said about the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard last year, and they were impossible to find. Trying central London stores as soon as they open is your best shot.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Sigh. Didn't see that they were available for order until about 2pm EST... not scheduled for delivery until Jan 12!

Same here. I didn't see the article and quickly ordered. January 12 delivery. But perhaps they will arrive sooner. Let's hope so.

Reactions: butcherna1

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
May be the most anticipated shipping notices from Apple since the SE...

Draw your own conclusions.
laugh-1.gif

Larry The L

Suspended
Jun 9, 2016
Sigh. Didn't see that they were available for order until about 2pm EST... not scheduled for delivery until Jan 12!
I saw that they were available to order right away. Could have been in the first shipment. BUT, I don't want one of these.May get the beats x. These are too easy to lose when they pop out of your ear.

Reactions: smith6998
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.