Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The AirPods have officially begun arriving to customers in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, and the first batch of users have started to share their opinions on Apple's new wireless headphones. When they were originally announced, many users cited concerns over the look of the protruding AirPods, their sound quality, and their battery life, among other points.

Now, most users who have the AirPods in hand are having largely positive reactions online, with one Redditor summing it up by stating the headphones "are better than expected." Users are ruling in favor of the lightweight headphones, noting the wide Bluetooth range of their connection with an iPhone, the snappy recharge time, and the simple connection to Apple devices via the W1 chip.

airpods-box-800x513.jpg

Bluetooth

The AirPods have a strong, consistent Bluetooth signal with a connected iPhone, according to Reddit user Portatort, who said "so far I've been able to leave my phone plugged in in the kitchen and roam the whole house while getting clean Bluetooth audio the entire time." The layout of a house will likely alter Bluetooth performance on a user basis, but it appears Apple's wireless headphones have a reliably strong connection that facilitates wandering away from your iPhone.

MacRumors forum member The Game 101 took the connection test a step further and ventured out of the house and up the driveway, saying that the Bluetooth connection with his iPhone remained "incredible."

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: AirPods Impressions: 'Better Than Expected' Bluetooth, Sound, and Battery Impress Early Users

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Will these be available to demo at Apple stores? Would like to try these before buying, especially at the price point. But it seems like a logistical nightmare for Apple store folks to supervise the demos.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
My AirPods arrived this morning Fedex at my office in Newark, NJ funny thing is in the morning on my way to work.
I stop by Apple Menlo Park mall and picked up a set of Apple AirPods, So now I have 2 sets lol

Reactions: NNJ and needfx

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
Will these be available to demo at Apple stores? Would like to try these before buying, especially at the price point. But it seems like a logistical nightmare for Apple store folks to supervise the demos.

As much as I would like to try them in the store - I would never put a store demo model in my ears, just too disgusting for me. I ordered mine online and I know I can return them if I don't like them.

Gary Z

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2012

What's the latest info on RF absorption and as it relates to cancer in the ear canal and brain area?

The AirPods have officially begun arriving to customers in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, and the first batch of users have started to share their opinions on Apple's new wireless headphones. When they were originally announced, many users cited concerns over the look of the protruding AirPods, their sound quality, and their battery life, among other points.

Now, most users who have the AirPods in hand are having largely positive reactions online, with one Redditor summing it up by stating the headphones "are better than expected." Users are ruling in favor of the lightweight headphones, noting the wide Bluetooth range of their connection with an iPhone, the snappy recharge time, and the simple connection to Apple devices via the W1 chip.

Bluetooth

The AirPods have a strong, consistent Bluetooth signal with a connected iPhone, according to Reddit user Portatort, who said "so far I've been able to leave my phone plugged in in the kitchen and roam the whole house while getting clean Bluetooth audio the entire time." The layout of a house will likely alter Bluetooth performance on a user basis, but it appears Apple's wireless headphones have a reliably strong connection that facilitates wandering away from your iPhone.

MacRumors forum member The Game 101 took the connection test a step further and ventured out of the house and up the driveway, saying that the Bluetooth connection with his iPhone remained "incredible."

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: AirPods Impressions: 'Better Than Expected' Bluetooth, Sound, and Battery Impress Early Users

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Yes, congratulations to all the suckers who fell victom to Apples POS marketing and couldn't deal with a small 2 ft wire. Your wallets are now $150 lighter and your energy bill just went up a slight bit to charge yet ONE MORE THING!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.